How do you manage your capital?

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
For me, the capital management is make perfect risk management plan to guarantee the safety of my funds, I belive survaial always be the first thing in forex trading.

Callagy20

Trader
Jul 24, 2015
I think managing your capital is something every trader should take seriously. One rule I usually apply as regards trading risk is the 1-3% of my trading capital per trade. A lot of rather conservative traders or possibly those with big money favour the 1% while more adventurous type favour the 3%. This way you could engage in multiple trading without blowing your account.

olivine

Trader
May 21, 2015
I had very simple strategy to manage my capital . I trade with just 1% risk in trading . Use stop loss at proper pips. Not expect high profits . Try to get small profits. Not put my account in danger with high leverage. So I can easily manage capital during trading.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
In my opnion how to manage money in forex business is we must always trade with risk management and money management, but also we must learning how to analyze the trend market to making better skill to determine accurate analysis, if we already getting more than eighty percent accurate analysis, it will already become proiftable trader.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
In my opnion how to manage money in forex business is we must always trade with risk management and money management, but also we must learning how to analyze the trend market to making better skill to determine accurate analysis, if we already getting more than eighty percent accurate analysis, it will already become proiftable trader.

I have seen many of the traders who are making losses in such types of trades and that is why they have to learn how they can manage the risks in their trading and thus can improve their trading in general :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I have seen many of the traders who are making losses in such types of trades and that is why they have to learn how they can manage the risks in their trading and thus can improve their trading in general :)
Learn to manage the risk is important step in forex business, because risk also as part in trading, not always we can making accurate analysis, and sometime trend market moves in dyanmic and upredicatble without risk management will harmful account if often making mistkae in analysis.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Learn to manage the risk is important step in forex business, because risk also as part in trading, not always we can making accurate analysis, and sometime trend market moves in dyanmic and upredicatble without risk management will harmful account if often making mistkae in analysis.

So what kind of trading can you suggest us to use? Maybe you can some suggestions on risk management?

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
So what kind of trading can you suggest us to use? Maybe you can some suggestions on risk management?
ALwyas keep safe trading with smallest lot size, it will monimize the risk in every pips movement, with smallest lot sizealso will making more cool in trading and not in high tension, and we can learn how to put stop loss according our experience adjusted with risk management plan

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
Never risk more than 3% of my capital any trading day. This is the key to to keep funds available for next trading day.

Percentages are of no use in forex trading. All you need to do is to keep a fix dollar amount to be risked on every trade you make. In this way you will limit your loss to that fix amount on each and every trade.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
im bad at maaging my capital lol, thats why i lost track of how much investment i have and how much profit, i ave tendencies to withdraw the money and deposit with out keeping tabs at times, depending on how urgent i need it. but its still working fine for me, and i wont recommend it.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Usually in trading I will manage my money with always use stop loss in every trades I made, keep use risk management plan although ot always use specific risk level in every stop loss which often will also depending with analysis to determine stop loss

nikita sharma

Trader
Oct 27, 2016
I manage my trading account by making it a rule to open a trade with only 2% of my account; also I trade with a very low leverage. Taking to the fact that traders are allowed a leverage of up to 1:500 on the Profitforex Platform, I make sure that I maintain a leverage of just 1:50 on my trades.

wisetrada

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2014
Successful forex trading is not just about multiplying your capital aggressively, you must still be able to protect your capital first. This involves using good risk management techniques. Most times I use trailing stop losses and prefer trading fixed spreads.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Do you have the proper rules in place to protect your capital? Many are focused on how much they make, but not on how much they keep. So how do you manage your forex capital?

This is why I use SL in my every single trade position. Besides, my money management plan helps me a lot.

Variss

Active Trader
Sep 14, 2015
Take Profit/Stoploss area can help us find risk reward ratio. We can calculate in the short period time and plan our trade and let it execute our plan. It always is very good to well organize our action.

J_C_Anderson

Trader
Aug 15, 2018
For sure, capital management includes various aspects.
First of all, just as it was mentioned above, you should always use SL.
Next important thing is to pay attention to the ratios: the win rate and the risk-reward ratio. Both of them define whethter the strategy would be profitable or not. To find out the win rate of the strategy or maximum drawdown you can bactest your strategy on historical data (with the help of Tradingview build-in tester or Forex Tester). As the result of the backtesting, you will get the entire data on the perfromance of the strategy to be able to find out whether it will be profitable in long-term perspective.

Feb 4, 2019
In order to manage your capital .the first thing a professional should do is to set his daily or weekly or monthly target.and then he should trade according to his target.what i suggest is to set daily target because this is the easy and secure way to earn from forex.A professional trader opens a trade in the forex market only when the time is right and when he earn the targeted amount he close the trade and step out of the forex market .that is how you can trade forex securely .

TJ Forex

Trader
Feb 5, 2019
Firstly, anything that I have deposited, I ensure to withdraw, that way no deposited capital is lost. I then ensure that a single trade does not take up more than 5% of my entire balance. Not being afraid to take a loss is also important and not to chase losses.

Feb 4, 2019
Everyone has his own way to manage his capital but its very major thing that how you manage your capital without facing loss .
I do manage my capital by acheiving my daily target of profit and once i have acheived that target i do not open any trade for that day .and before opening any trade i do analyse the market with one of my best tolls and then i enter in the market .