How do you handle your losses?

tonci

Trader
Jan 7, 2014
If the trader is unwilling to take a loss he or she will be forever closing trades with tiny gains that will never overcome their losses.

Pionex

Trader
May 5, 2014
I just make a calculation that how much I will loss and then I will stop trading. If it raise in a high rate then I take a break from trading in forex. Sometime I take break of 2 week. Once a quote gone 520 pips down against my order. Then my first target was to recover that loss slowly and then to take it in a high position. When I got my capital back then I started trading with previous tease.

kaito kid

Banned
Jun 29, 2013
Almost all traders, even those experienced ones, have experienced lose even at one point of their trading career. One of the good ways to handle lose is to have a good risk management method. Second is to learn from the mistake and trying to never commit the same mistake again.

shl2412

Banned
May 22, 2014
Pakistan
Those who claim they never face a trading loss simply do not trade. A loss here and there is normal in every trading strategy and nothing is 100%. A trading loss should never break your account performance and dealing with a trading loss the proper way is a very important step or everyone who aspires to become a real trader.

There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from it.

I am a newbie here and i did loses in my account last year and then i leaved forex trading and then my friend told me about this forum because i do not have money to restart forex trading again,i think if we got lose we should plan and manage again our forex strategy and start with new hope ,and i am doing the same after lose .

ClueBox

Trader
May 28, 2014
Every trader should understand that loss is a part of trading. And through this loss we learn and become better each time. It's normal to get sad and regret, but we mustn't stay with those feelings and get up take a break and when the good mood comes back try to scrutinize where your plan went wrong.

foxcon

Trader
May 26, 2014
As new in forex I made some loss recently. I invested $200 and then I made a loss of $40 in a single trade of gbpusd. Then I opened another trade of usdcad and usdjpy I make profit 30 and 20 then I closed the trade. I think I recovered my loss. Moreover I made 10 profit. I learned from loss. Hope it will never done again.

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
Big challenge in forex business to cope with losses. And remember loss should not be big and always should be propositional with your profits.

tobeone

Master Trader
Jul 3, 2013
Forex is a WAR. And a loss is a missed bullet. You shoot another one and another one untill
you hit. You should have enough quantity of bullets, if you shoot all at once, you are in trouble, you have to last. To win the game, remain in the game.

Last edited:

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
Forex is a good business and it needs hard work to become good trade in Forex. So every trader must have knowldge,skills and experience to make good progress in Forex.

Oct 11, 2015
Everyone is going to have losses because that's all just part of trading. It's something that you're going to have to live with if you want to trade. You are able to minimize it though by making demo accounts. I think that they are so important which is why I keep bringing them up. The best thing that you can do is use them because you can learn your strategy that you'll be using. I know that I used them and they have helped me out a lot. They are great because you don't have to risk your own money, which is why I used them. There are the downfalls to them though and that's losing the emotion that you had before when you were losing your own money, which is something that you should always watch out for. If you are thinking about using a demo account then I would suggest checking out [URL deleted] because they have the best ones that I have ever used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 24, 2015
Losses are not a very big pat for me, cause I prefer a scalping method which is somehow protects me against losses and at the same time this is a good addition to my regular job)

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
losses are the part of Forex and any trader can not deny this fact. I think there is no trader who has not face loss in forex. So to avoid loss you learn Forex and to get experience about it.

Jan 28, 2015
Russia
well, at least i don't make another post instantly after losing a trade :) i try to find out the reason of last losing trade, try to improve my knowledge and skills and when i get the opportunity, i try to recover my previous losses

Luthfi Maung

Trader
Oct 28, 2015
There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from it.

Agree! I always take a break from my trading to prevent any reckless 'revenge'. Evaluate every steps (both profits and losses) because experience is the best teacher...

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Agree! I always take a break from my trading to prevent any reckless 'revenge'. Evaluate every steps (both profits and losses) because experience is the best teacher...

It is always a good thing to take some break from trading as there are times when we may need to look back at the trades that we have done in the past so that we get a chance to correct them and this is where we have to use our own trading experience :)

Luthfi Maung

Trader
Oct 28, 2015
It is always a good thing to take some break from trading as there are times when we may need to look back at the trades that we have done in the past so that we get a chance to correct them and this is where we have to use our own trading experience :)

That's evaluation, and we should do this monthly/weekly or even daily in order to avoid the same mistakes improve our trading...

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
That's evaluation, and we should do this monthly/weekly or even daily in order to avoid the same mistakes improve our trading...

We have to learn how well we can do our trading and what are the most common risks that we have in our trades. If we are careful we can consider our trading and manage the losses well :)

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015

Yeah, analysis of losses is very important when it comes to trading improvement, I'd said its essential part of education. Thankfully I've realized it recently but only after 1 year of my trading practice.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I am use stop loss to manage the risk, but sometime use hedging strategy with put pending order opposite with first order, so if eventually both order buy and sell has opened, whereever trend goes, floating loss remain same until I am open lock hedging, but more prefer use stop loss its simple to manage the risk in every plan trading.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
I am use stop loss to manage the risk, but sometime use hedging strategy with put pending order opposite with first order, so if eventually both order buy and sell has opened, whereever trend goes, floating loss remain same until I am open lock hedging, but more prefer use stop loss its simple to manage the risk in every plan trading.

At times Stop loss can come in very handy as we know that the Forex markets are very much volatile so the fluctuations that happen can drain down our trading funds at any time easily :)