How do you handle your losses?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Those who claim they never face a trading loss simply do not trade. A loss here and there is normal in every trading strategy and nothing is 100%. A trading loss should never break your account performance and dealing with a trading loss the proper way is a very important step or everyone who aspires to become a real trader.

There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from it.

rrayne20009

Trader
Sep 13, 2013
Every trader experiences losses.You cannot avoid losses,it is normal, analyse and study every loss and try to get some lessons.Lessons will create future profit in forex.Take a break from trading if you find yourself too emotional, or reduce your position sizes until confidence is regained.

David Train

Trader
Nov 13, 2013
I've heard about some insurance program. It sounds really nice.
In my personal life I insure my car and i think this is a good decision. No matter how good driver I am, I can not worry about other circumstancies that are not under my control.
In trading this is the same. No matter how good trader you are. You can insure your trading and don't worry. If you lost your money you will get them back.

What do you think?

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I've heard about some insurance program. It sounds really nice.
In my personal life I insure my car and i think this is a good decision. No matter how good driver I am, I can not worry about other circumstancies that are not under my control.
In trading this is the same. No matter how good trader you are. You can insure your trading and don't worry. If you lost your money you will get them back.

What do you think?

I really question the insurance program. Where did you read that? How much do you have to pay for it? I have never heard of anything like that.

David Train

Trader
Nov 13, 2013
I really question the insurance program. Where did you read that? How much do you have to pay for it? I have never heard of anything like that.

I don't know if I'm supposed to post links here but this program is offered by FBS broker.
I'm still looking into the information on the website about that. But I think that the idea to get my lost money back is brilliant. hehehe

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
A trading loss is much the same as a athlete who has a bad game or if his/her team has a loosing game. They usually are a little bummed, go home and think about it. Come to terms with the outcome, learn from it , and get focused for the next game...

• 👍
Reactions: Leo Wilson

David Train

Trader
Nov 13, 2013
A trading loss is much the same as a athlete who has a bad game or if his/her team has a loosing game. They usually are a little bummed, go home and think about it. Come to terms with the outcome, learn from it , and get focused for the next game...

Don't you think that the athlete would take a chance to replay this game and try one more time, instead of having a rest and thinking?

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I don't know if I'm supposed to post links here but this program is offered by FBS broker.
I'm still looking into the information on the website about that. But I think that the idea to get my lost money back is brilliant. hehehe

It is not an insurance program and please do not put a link to that lousy outlet. I recommend that you take more time to learn what trading is all about.

David Train

Trader
Nov 13, 2013
It is not an insurance program and please do not put a link to that lousy outlet. I recommend that you take more time to learn what trading is all about.

So what is the trading about? :)

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
So what is the trading about? :)

I will let you figure that one out yourself; either you understand and succeed or you will not understand and keep down the path you are. It is really up to you.

David Train

Trader
Nov 13, 2013
I will let you figure that one out yourself; either you understand and succeed or you will not understand and keep down the path you are. It is really up to you.

Oh thank you soooo much!
But yet in mu opinion insure your deposit is like insure your car.
You can be a perfect driver, but who knows what is waiting for you up to the road.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Oh thank you soooo much!
But yet in mu opinion insure your deposit is like insure your car.
You can be a perfect driver, but who knows what is waiting for you up to the road.

You are free to think whatever suits you. Your broker tries to advertise a moronic bonus as insurance. Since you compare it to a car insurance, let me ask you this:

How much do you pay per month for your traders insurance you think exists?

FBS

Active Trader
Jul 24, 2013
You are free to think whatever suits you. Your broker tries to advertise a moronic bonus as insurance. Since you compare it to a car insurance, let me ask you this:

How much do you pay per month for your traders insurance you think exists?

There are conditions that have to be fulfilled, like if you want to insure 100 USD you will need 12 lots to be traded.

graceb

Trader
Nov 8, 2013
Losses is a part of forex as well as profit.When lose is suffered in four forex trading it is better for us to analyze what did we done wrong in order to learn from our lose and try not to experience the same mistakes again in our following trades.It is better for us to take this lose as a lessons for us rather than being so emotionally affected in our loss.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
There are conditions that have to be fulfilled, like if you want to insure 100 USD you will need 12 lots to be traded.

Which makes it an idiotic bonus to trap new traders. It is not an insurance and nothing more than false advertising. Real traders do not trade with bonuses and understand the stupidity of them.

Nothing more than a joke.

FBS

Active Trader
Jul 24, 2013
Which makes it an idiotic bonus to trap new traders. It is not an insurance and nothing more than false advertising. Real traders do not trade with bonuses and understand the stupidity of them.

Nothing more than a joke.

First of all, we do not make you insure your funds and protect your trading from losses.
Secondly, someone offer insure your car you also tell then that this is a "stupid bonus"?

This is just an offer. you can take it or not. But many traders think it's a perfect benefit to secure the funds from losses.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
First of all, we do not make you insure your funds and protect your trading from losses.
Secondly, someone offer insure your car you also tell then that this is a "stupid bonus"?

This is just an offer. you can take it or not. But many traders think it's a perfect benefit to secure the funds from losses.

A car insurance is not a bonus. Stop misleading new traders. I insure my car and if something happens my insurance does not tell me I have to drive x/amount of miles. What you offer is not an insurance at all and nothing more than a moronic marketing gimmick to get new traders to open accounts, fund them and trade while you create some fake environment of security.

They do not secure their funds, you keep them trading and hoping they will keep making deposits. Real traders do not fall for this and laugh at your pathetic marketing the way I do.

At least have the respect to understand what an insurance is and how it works so you can stop misleading new traders. What is perfect for new traders is to stay as far away from a broker like FBS which misleads them into thinking they are getting something they do not.

FBS

Active Trader
Jul 24, 2013
A car insurance is not a bonus. Stop misleading new traders. I insure my car and if something happens my insurance does not tell me I have to drive x/amount of miles. What you offer is not an insurance at all and nothing more than a moronic marketing gimmick to get new traders to open accounts, fund them and trade while you create some fake environment of security.

They do not secure their funds, you keep them trading and hoping they will keep making deposits. Real traders do not fall for this and laugh at your pathetic marketing the way I do.

At least have the respect to understand what an insurance is and how it works so you can stop misleading new traders. What is perfect for new traders is to stay as far away from a broker like FBS which misleads them into thinking they are getting something they do not.

This is your point of view, but hundreds and thousands of traders who received their money back after they lost it in trading wouldn't agree with you.

This is not a bonus this is an insurance program. Instead of payments in car, estate or other insurance (which are obligatory, by the way, to insure anything), we ask traders to trade a reasonable amount of lots and that it. Participation is free and voluntary.

miles

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
We have to realize that forex involve loss and profit also, but we can cope through it by knowing how to place SL to minimize our loss in case the market is turning against us and also place TP to take in profit when the market is moving in our direction.