Have you learned from your mistakes?

sunar14

Banned
Jan 17, 2021
It's human nature that we can learn better from experiences that affect us emotionally, so learning from our own mistakes can give us more lasting knowledge than just learning from books or from other people's experiences. Making mistakes can be seen as an opportunity to learn about things we have to be careful about.

Resolve

Master Trader
Dec 7, 2013
It's human nature that we can learn better from experiences that affect us emotionally, so learning from our own mistakes can give us more lasting knowledge than just learning from books or from other people's experiences. Making mistakes can be seen as an opportunity to learn about things we have to be careful about.
We will have to understand that doing our trades is not going to be easy for us and will require constant Efforts.

JoshEvansFX

Trader
Jul 7, 2021
There is not a single forex trader who did not make mistakes during their trading career especially in the beginning of trading. Most of the beginners will fail to learn from their mistakes except a small percentage of traders who will make the mistakes and learn from them. This is what will separate successful traders from failures.
Yes I think I have, however it took me a long time and lots of money lost.

KristenRiosy

Trader
Feb 21, 2022
South Africa
I just recently started trading, I would not call myself an expert, I would put myself in the intermediate category. Not a master trader, but not a beginner either.
I am currently trying to read and learn more in this field, learn from my own mistakes and the experiences of others to be more successful. I joined this forum for that reason)

Lewis Capaldi

Jan 23, 2022
Yes I’m! Basically, I was an aggressive trader but right now I’m following the money management rules so sincerely! Basically, now I know the real effect of taking high trading lot size during live trading! On the other hand, currently I’m working on fundamental analysis!

Lacquer

Banned
Dec 13, 2021
I have indeed! I didn’t use leverage and stop-loss properly during my initial days of trading, I used to take high leverage thinking it would give me a chance to make higher profits, but I would mess it up by placing the stop loss at the wrong levels. I’ve rectified this mistake after losing a few thousand dollars.

keyline

Banned
Feb 24, 2022
You will never know that you are doing something wrong until you get the results. If you keep track of what you have been doing and the results you obtained, you have more chances of improving than someone who doesn’t introspect.

RCtrader

Trader
Dec 7, 2019
Other traders might have said what I am about to say:
To learn from your mistakes, one must know when he/she is doing them. :) For a long time, I was feeling I didn't understand the market and failures were pushing me out of the market. But now, I can wholeheartedly state that I am at a stage where I understand my mistakes and keep learning from them.

Serenity

Banned
Feb 16, 2022
Learning from your past mistakes is essential for traders. I used to do revenge trading, which really cost me a lot of money. Now, I make sure not to get too upset about my losses. Rather, focus on learning why they happened in the first place.

Flophouse

Mar 22, 2022
No amount of bookish knowledge can teach us what we can learn from our experience. Be it losses or profits, we need to learn to accept both of these to grow as traders. Profits give us the confidence to keep trading while losses make us face reality. If we track our past trades we can easily find out what needs to be improved in our strategy.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
That is true, but it is still important to learn the theory. It's just that it needs to be put in practice concurrently with studying it.

Secretum

Banned
May 5, 2022
Do you usually learn from your mistakes?
For a beginner, it can be really depressing to accept mistakes and losses. With time, you get used to these and learn from them. This is the right way of building the right mindset that has a huge role to play in your trading career.

HELLONICE

Trader
May 17, 2022
There is not a single forex trader who did not make mistakes during their trading career especially in the beginning of trading. Most of the beginners will fail to learn from their mistakes except a small percentage of traders who will make the mistakes and learn from them. This is what will separate successful traders from failures.
HELLO

Forextobe

Feb 9, 2022
Perseverance

Trading forex is a learned empirical skill.That implies that one learns by building on experiences, both good and bad, and , over time ,being able to discern the relevant from the non-relevant and trade accordingly. Making mistakes in judgement, execution, and application are a necessary condition enroute to becoming a profitable trader. The other important requirement is the ability to persevere in the face of repeated errors and by so doing, acquire the body of knowledge and experience you need.

I think that 'persevere in the face of repeated errors' is where most fall down. Like I was once told to incorporate errors into my trading plan and it changed a lot for me. Like most don't allow even 1% error in their plans and this is a fatal error. We are all human and we all make mistakes and this must be accounted for. This is why good accuracy or good risk to reward is key it gives the breathing space to make errors