GBPJPY Ready to moon? or not

Leebax

Master Trader
Aug 16, 2019
Back on gbpjpy today traders.
Since the madness of the UK elections. Its clear to see theres still a strong Bull lurking on gbpjpy .
We got the big spike when the election was announced, and the tank after that with the brexit news release. The end of the month will be a big time for this pair with the impending brexit news release.
The market doesnt like uncertainty so most no-deal brexit news seems to make gbp tank. This could be the case once again come end of january.
But for now until then it looks to me like were trading in this big range. My bias is still currently bullish , but as i say that could change with some really bad brexit news. Hindsight it could continue if we have a good deal/news on that subject. One to watchScreenshot_1.png

pezza55

Banned
Dec 2, 2019
Back on gbpjpy today traders.
Since the madness of the UK elections. Its clear to see theres still a strong Bull lurking on gbpjpy .
We got the big spike when the election was announced, and the tank after that with the brexit news release. The end of the month will be a big time for this pair with the impending brexit news release.
The market doesnt like uncertainty so most no-deal brexit news seems to make gbp tank. This could be the case once again come end of january.
But for now until then it looks to me like were trading in this big range. My bias is still currently bullish , but as i say that could change with some really bad brexit news. Hindsight it could continue if we have a good deal/news on that subject. One to watchView attachment 15153
Trading GBP pairs and also JPY with safe haven after the us news can only be a bull run as you predict!

• 👍
Reactions: REB_FX

Leebax

Master Trader
Aug 16, 2019
Looking back at [URL deleted] GBPJPY today. There hasnt been much movement since we last looked at it really. Looks like were stuck in this range between 143 and 141. Still its a nice 200 pip range so theres pips to be made on the lower timeframes, but were looking for the big stuff.

So we look a little deeper and throw the fib on and you can see perfectly in the bull run where price has its 50% rest stop before the next push up to the swing high.
The primary trend is a long way away, i think the best course of action would be to look for longs on the 0.382 fib at price of 141.228. Dont just jump in, look for exhaustion in price and [URL deleted] bullish price action. Patience is needed with this one for now Screenshot_3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 👍
Reactions: pezza55 and REB_FX

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
Price Action is knarly on this pair right now, definitely need to have patience and get some clear direction

Zack King

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2019
Going back to GBPJPY today and boy is it in a position ready to move big. Its probably been in the longest piece of sideways action seen for some time. you can see its been trading up and down in this channel for weeks. Ive always presumed its a bull flag and ready to pop up any time, its moved upwards a couple of hundred pips in the past couple of days, but signs of rejection again at the top of this channel. Wait for a clear break and then trade that direction sensibly as it most likely will be a big move to catch. stay safe out there and risk management as always

View attachment 14831
nice work here. JPY are not aaallllways forme but charting them this week to monitor first

georgequayle

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
Going back to GBPJPY today and boy is it in a position ready to move big. Its probably been in the longest piece of sideways action seen for some time. you can see its been trading up and down in this channel for weeks. Ive always presumed its a bull flag and ready to pop up any time, its moved upwards a couple of hundred pips in the past couple of days, but signs of rejection again at the top of this channel. Wait for a clear break and then trade that direction sensibly as it most likely will be a big move to catch. stay safe out there and risk management as always

View attachment 14831
a very volatile pair

pezza55

Banned
Dec 2, 2019
Looking back at [URL deleted] GBPJPY today. There hasnt been much movement since we last looked at it really. Looks like were stuck in this range between 143 and 141. Still its a nice 200 pip range so theres pips to be made on the lower timeframes, but were looking for the big stuff.

So we look a little deeper and throw the fib on and you can see perfectly in the bull run where price has its 50% rest stop before the next push up to the swing high.
The primary trend is a long way away, i think the best course of action would be to look for longs on the 0.382 fib at price of 141.228. Dont just jump in, look for exhaustion in price and [URL deleted] bullish price action. Patience is needed with this one for now View attachment 15195
Great pull back to the fib level now on for the next rise

Alanmarshall

Trader
Feb 5, 2020
Well its friday end of the week, the morning after the UK election. Seems the Con's won by a big margin. so were going back to our friend GBPJPY. When i first started analysing this pair for you just over a month ago i was calling longs all the way from the bottom support box. As of now its been well over 1000+ pips. this surely shows a new big bull has been born, buy the pullbacks will be my thoughts. Anyone saying about the gap and trying to trade the gap should be careful, As there is a gap on EURUSD from 2017 that still hasnt been filled, so dont think its a certainty it will be filled. Have a good weekend all
View attachment 14917
have you got a more recent analysis?

Petez_FX

Active Trader
Aug 13, 2019
GBP took a bit of a beating this week. Probably just a correction of the big move on the BOE interest rates - and of course, the Corona Virus isn't helping with JPY strength.