Free Manual Backtester

Quantum Cube

Trader
Oct 31, 2016
Hi everybody.
I was searching for a cheap alternative to test my manual strategies and since I didn't find any I decided to develop it myself.

It is a flash app that runs inside the browser.
Currently it is a very raw app with limited functionality and indicators.
I'd like to have some feedback especially regarding bugs and what indicators I should add first.

Also let me know what currency pairs I should add first .At the moment I've added 6 pairs but I can add more easily.
here is the link:

http://www.quantumcube.bg

Cheers

Roberto

info@quantumcube.bg

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
First of all my compliments on a very nice and original piece of work. Suggestions: (1) Give users the option, if possible, of using candles or simple OHLC bars (2) Bolly bands,EMA and SMA with the ability to set parameters on each would be all I, as a potential user, would need. There are,as I am sure you know at least 35 commonly used indicators. The programming of which would be a monumental task .which in and of itself might effectively impede or derail your valuable project. My suggestion therefore : stick to the basic metrics,which I have indicated above and enhance their usability.Allow for some additional flexibility in advancing the time periods . "Minutes ",are quite useful as a default advancer however it would be helpful to also have 10 min, 30 min. , and 60 min. as well as the other time frames available on most charting websites. If you still believe that indicators are needed you can go to netdania or oanda.s charts and refer to their indicator options.Under any circumstances good luck with your project and continued progress and success with it.

Quantum Cube

Trader
Oct 31, 2016
Hi, thanks a lot for your input. I really appreciate it and I will take it in consideration for future development.
As of now the major problem I am facing with this project is my inability to generate even the most basic traffic towards the site.
Regarding this matter I have to thank this forum’s owner to have given me the possibility to post about it.
I tried to buy some ads with google but I ended up paying 1.2 USD a click (!).
Not bad for a free project .Haha!

Cheers

Roberto

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Roberto---I am sure there are more than a few brokers , both spot as well as option only,who would like to provide their customer base the ability to freely backtest their personal algorithms or trading setups. Although it might not be revenue generating initially getting your program into the hands of many traders will eventually ,if not immediately, become a revenue generating asset. What I believe you need now is wide exposure at little or no cost, to yourself/company.Offering your product at no cost to brokers is one way to get started.--EB