Forex Investing - Risky Or Rewarding?

Jalson

Trader
Apr 5, 2011
Forex is a decentralized market that operates around the globe for 120 hours per in a week. The market opens at 22:00 on Sunday night and stays open until 22:00 on Friday night. This market currently earns three trillion dollar, this is indeed a fact that attracts millions of traders to continue on forex investing.

Jackelinevens

Trader
Apr 19, 2011
You can see both in the forex market risk as well as reward. A trader should calculate risk and reward ratio of a particular trade then he can become a successful trader.

DonnaMag

Trader
May 15, 2011
The subject is the root of a trick question. Forex, as well as any other security trading, may be both risky and rewarding at the same time.

The answer is really in your control: managing your money carefully will minimize loss and result in market wins(!). Please note though that even with proper money management, it is still impossible to completely avoid losses. Keep this in mind and mentally prepare yourself; you have to be ready for that.

Good Luck- hope all your management leads to ONLY wins :)

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
The risk varies as per personal preference. The question you need to ask is this "how much are you willing to risk?"
And with high leverages, you can earn more profit and at the same time, make huge losses.
So yeah, it depends on the individual in question but personally, do think it is rewarding.

Mgavin

Trader
Dec 5, 2011
Forex investment

Personally I see investment as an opportunity to either profit or lose from a specific portfolio or a business opportunity. now, when you mention investment in the forex market you were also referring to active trading which is a little different in my opinion unless you invest in a specific currency in order to yield a great return over a longer period of time.
Another method of investment in the forex market will be in particular winning strategies which capitalizes on a group of trades made on an account of which you are vesting your funds into.:rolleyes:

ExperSignal

Trader
Dec 19, 2011
Trading is very similar to gambling. It can be addicting and full of emotions. To counteract the emotional aspects of trading, you should have a trading plan BEFORE you enter any trade. This plan should be the result of testing and research that fits your trading style.

Trading is a learned skill and you have to grow into it. Stay small while you are learning and slowly scale your position size up. Just because you can trade $50,000, doesn't mean you should. Trade with a small amount of capital until you have proven you are successful. Then start slowly increasing the size of your trades.

Many traders jump in too fast without doing any research or testing and blow out their accounts very quickly. Take your time and you can learn it.

My answer to the question of risk/reward is "it depends." No two traders are the same. We all have different goals, capital, experience, etc. Part of trading is discovering what kind of trading you like, what time frames, etc. Part of that discovery process is finding the ideal risk/reward blend for you.

There is no right answer.

devis77

Active Trader
Nov 8, 2011
Investing is a very strong word. It's more like a method to increase your income but only if you make a lot of effort. If you look for investment, cfd trading is probably more good.

NazlyScarello

Trader
Mar 10, 2012
Luck is not the factor in Forex. We should have to develop our trading skills daily. don't believe others such as luck. You should have some training in analysis part to avoid thinking about luck.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
When it comes to trading, emotions need to be checked at the door and believe me, that's easier said than done - esp when you watch the Dollar take a dive when indications are to the contrary. But frustration, relief, joy and the whole roller coaster is part of the package you get when you start trading in the currency market..

Apr 17, 2012
The risk in forex is dependent on your trading skills and analytical ability. There is such a thing as Risk Management. If you can implement risk management very well, then forex will have reduced risk for you but if you do not implement risk managment, then forex will be too risky for you and you might come out with many blown accounts.

mr.gardner

Trader
Mar 14, 2012
It is very difficult to stay profitable in the long – term. It is better on fix your trading style on strong signals and never allow your emotion to make you lose more then you can afford.

Astro_Forex

Trader
May 11, 2012
I agree in that Forex can be a little addictive, but only if you allow for it. But there is a lot of math involved, and an emotional component from the world market that gambling does not have.Therefore you will need to develope a BIG taste for math.

Yes, I was that kind of brainiac student in HighSchool back then...:)

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
I agree in that Forex can be a little addictive, but only if you allow for it. But there is a lot of math involved, and an emotional component from the world market that gambling does not have.Therefore you will need to develope a BIG taste for math.

Yes, I was that kind of brainiac student in HighSchool back then...:)

We have to learn to be able to manage the Emotions well so that we can continue trading since most of the times the markets are not stable at all but we need to maintain our cool minds:D

Astro_Forex

Trader
May 11, 2012
You got it pal

This last few weeks I´ve been managing to have more losses than never before. What I did was to reduce to very low levels the sizing of my trades. None of my strategies seem to be working. So I´m sitting back, and adapting myself to this new conditions. It´s not an easy task and not even close to gambling.