Forex Hours – What are the Best Forex Trading Hours?

Aug 25, 2011

FOREX HOURS

This is one critical question that bugs most new traders.
Forex Hours: What are the Best Forex Trading Hours?
When you read several other sites, they speak of trading when the market is open etc.
So when the new york market is open, the usd pairs are more volatile.
This is not wrong. And it is indeed the fact that when a market is open, that certain pair will be more volatile.

BUT!
Here’s the thing.
You do NOT need to wait for the market to open to trade that pair.
If you ask me, i do not even care to know what time the market opens or closes.
As mentioned, we as professional forex traders are like lions. Waiting patiently for a setup to occur before we pounce on it and kill it.
So if you have a day job. You probably can’t be staring at the screen for long hours.
WHICH IS GOOD!
Staring at the screen for long forex hours, WILL NOT help you enhance your forex trading or grow your account.
Instead, you will fall into the SEA OF EMOTION and find yourself struggling to stay alive.

If you have a day job, just trade the daily time frame.
So check your broker’s time that the daily time frame bar closes every day.
And just spend that 10 mins of time analyzing the daily time frame.
Forex hours: SO JUST 10 mins a day is good enough.
If there is a price action trade setup, enter it.
If there isn’t. Close the screen and go forth your daily job. Come back again the next day and repeat the steps.
By just implementing this method, you will find yourself emotionally unattached and you have plenty of time to do your other stuffs.
But that does not mean you are not making good money.
There are FULL TIME PROFESSIONAL FOREX Traders who trade the daily time frame alone. (read this again)
Yea.

Forex Hours
And if you are like me, who has a little more time to trade.
You can look at the 1hr time frame and the 4hr time frame.
Practically meaning, i only look at the charts every 1hr or 4hr, depending on my schedule.
So if there is a setup on the 1hr time frame, i enter on it.
But if there is no setup, i will go ahead with my other stuffs.
And then repeat the steps again.
So back to the question on Forex Hours: What are the Best Forex Trading Hours?
I hope you got an answer.
Check out our online forex trading AFM winning Forex Price Action Forex Course where i teach you the exact FULL Forex Day Trading Systems & Strategies that i personally use to be consistently profitable.
See you on the other side my friend,
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor

YES

Trader
Sep 2, 2011
England
There aren't any BEST trading hours as there are opportunities at every moment of the day. Just trade the time zone you're living in to avoid insanity.

DonnaMag

Trader
May 15, 2011

FOREX HOURS

When you read several other sites, they speak of trading when the market is open etc.
This is not wrong. And it is indeed the fact that when a market is open, that certain pair will be more volatile.

BUT!
Here’s the thing.
As mentioned, we as professional forex traders are like lions. Waiting patiently for a setup to occur before we pounce on it and kill it.
So if you have a day job. You probably can’t be staring at the screen for long hours.
WHICH IS GOOD!
Staring at the screen for long forex hours, WILL NOT help you enhance your forex trading or grow your account.
Instead, you will fall into the SEA OF EMOTION and find yourself struggling to stay alive.

If there isn’t. Close the screen and go forth your daily job. Come back again the next day and repeat the steps.
By just implementing this method, you will find yourself emotionally unattached and you have plenty of time to do your other stuffs.
There are FULL TIME PROFESSIONAL FOREX Traders who trade the daily time frame alone. (read this again)
Yea.

Forex Hours
Practically meaning, i only look at the charts every 1hr or 4hr, depending on my schedule.
Check out our online forex trading AFM winning Forex Price Action Forex Course where i teach you the exact FULL Forex Day Trading Systems & Strategies that i personally use to be consistently profitable.
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor

There are no "best trading hours". You might point out the hours during the day in which markets are more volatile or jumpy, such as the opening hours of the European stock markets and later the US stock markets. That is it basically.. :)

balexander26

Trader
Sep 26, 2011
The best trading hours are going to be the hours that YOU are the most comfortable with. This will be different for everyone.

Forex scalper

Trader
Oct 1, 2011
Best trading hours for me is from end of London session to the end of NYC session .. im scalper, so i need good liquidity + low spread and fast executions .. i don't trade start of the London session, because i like to know where the market will go

mingbao

Trader
Dec 6, 2011
it's not important to choose a daily best hour in forex trading.

if you are swinger, you won't care too much about this, some may even leave the market and wait for several days or even longer.
if you are a scalper, you will spend most of your times watching the charts.

There are many opportunities in forex trading.
a senior trader will do more homework and study the market and pick the right time to enter and quit. esp. when there are releases of some important market news.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
For me, it is always Tokyo closing or New York opening, usually you can make out the trends and make your moves by the time NY opens shop..

devis77

Active Trader
Nov 8, 2011
Yes, I also agree that there is no proven best trading hour. But I find that at noon after the London news are out, the market is a little bit more speedy and moving around. So if you are good analysis and well informed, then can take certain advantage from that.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Usually it makes sense to watch the trends on the Tokyo market and London closing..and yes, New York midday can be slow but overall, it's quite fast when compared to others..prob on account of volume.

mr.gardner

Trader
Mar 14, 2012
There are hours when the market is much more volatile. When the US and EU sessions start for example. Higher volatility = higher profits. Also if you use technical analysis you cannot trade when news are released. I prefer not to trade on Monday because there are participants who are still wondering about the fundamental data and waiting. There are many other factors that support my opinion about Monday. It is the beginning of the week and most people are not ready for work at all 

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
There are hours when the market is much more volatile. When the US and EU sessions start for example. Higher volatility = higher profits. Also if you use technical analysis you cannot trade when news are released. I prefer not to trade on Monday because there are participants who are still wondering about the fundamental data and waiting. There are many other factors that support my opinion about Monday. It is the beginning of the week and most people are not ready for work at all 

Monday is always a risky day with regards to the fresh trade orders since at this time we need to know about the New trend formations or the weekly trend continuation which may or may not be clear.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Charts usually depends on the trader - for example, if he wants to scalp he would usually prefer shorter time frames. Do note, if you are new to the market, would not advise scalping until you have picked up some exp.

Apr 17, 2012
Yes, I also agree that there is no proven best trading hour. But I find that at noon after the London news are out, the market is a little bit more speedy and moving around. So if you are good analysis and well informed, then can take certain advantage from that.

Exactly in Forex there is no best trading hours. Someone will foul you if they say that at 8 or 9 is the best trading hours. Don't listen to them

From my experience in this sector, I can tell you for sure that there is no best hours for forex trading. I trade around 4 to 5 hours a day.

What is important is that you must have a good analysis about the movement of currency and the strategies to use. Take a look at the graph and news about the currency or commodities- think about the take profit & stop and finally open the position.

I am sure you will get a good profit. Good Luck:)

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Agreed, the good thing about experience is that once you know your way about the market, you can set up your trading hours, the number of hours you prefer to trade and so on. That's the great thing about this market, freedom from the desk..

JimBarryman

Banned
Jul 7, 2021

FOREX HOURS

BUT!
Here’s the thing.
WHICH IS GOOD!

Yea.

Forex Hours
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor
London Open, New York Open and London Close are the best times to look in my opinion. But I trade intraday with small stop losses.

darrensammy

Banned
Jul 21, 2020
I agree. I don't think that is one particular time when trading works in your favour. If that were the case, everyone would trade during the same time. You can by experience notice what works for you and trade during those hours accordingly.

thekid

Trader
Oct 1, 2021
I don't expect any time frames to be best time to trade, but I did notice that there is some volatility when you trade the first thing in earliest in London Session, maybe that is just me.