favourite pairs

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
What are your favourite pairs?
//----
hey vic...... my list would change every so often.... the current favorites would be the best trending pairs at that particular time....

the next group would be approaching possible trend change areas.... nzdcad might be an example of both.....h
//----
nzdcad-d1-oanda-division1-fav.png

iamsam

Trader
Oct 12, 2020
What are your favourite pairs?
For me, I was recommended when first learning to pick 1 or 2 pairs max and just focus on analysing them, spend a month just watching how it moves during each session etc.
The two I like the most were USDJPY and EURUSD.
GBPUSD has become another favourite :)

PaulReidG

Oct 21, 2020
Totally agree with Sam, i also really like the USDJPY and EURUSD. However i must say, despite the fact these are the favorite ones, i would say that sometimes you can actually find some way better options from the financial point of view. I remember back when i was just starting my trading life, my teacher was a friend of mine, who was trading on stocks for a couple of years already. He was always telling me that you should never be ''addicted'' to a certain pair, however you must find a couple which you are always analyzing. I remember he actually told me to make a metatrader demo account before trading on forex, so i would see if i would like it before registering for a [URL deleted] fbs account. I was pretty sceptical about it, however i guess that was the best decision i ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 👍
Reactions: Therene and Nodho

Therene

Trader
Oct 28, 2020
Brisbane
Totally agree with Sam, i also really like the USDJPY and EURUSD. However i must say, despite the fact these are the favorite ones, i would say that sometimes you can actually find some way better options from the financial point of view. I remember back when i was just starting my trading life, my teacher was a friend of mine, who was trading on stocks for a couple of years already. He was always telling me that you should never be ''addicted'' to a certain pair, however you must find a couple which you are always analyzing. I remember he actually told me to make a metatrader demo account before trading on forex, so i would see if i would like it before registering for a fbs account. I was pretty sceptical about it, however i guess that was the best decision i ever made.
And how is your trading going?

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
For me, I was recommended when first learning to pick 1 or 2 pairs max and just focus on analysing them, spend a month just watching how it moves during each session etc.
EUR/USD is my favourite too. It's been a while i've been watching it and placing trades in the demo. Sometime is win sometimes i lose. I keep an eye on the news on Fxstreet. I think its a great site for fundamental analysis.

danielbro

Trader
Nov 26, 2020
Same here. I enjoy GBPUSD the most. EURUSD is also another great pair.

• 👍
Reactions: Chris_447

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Would you like to share the list then?
AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/CAD, USD/JPY and so on, these are just off the top of my head. Usually most popular currency pairs do, except GBP/USD lately, which has been a mess for a while now because of Brexit.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
Totally agree with Sam, i also really like the USDJPY and EURUSD. However i must say, despite the fact these are the favorite ones, i would say that sometimes you can actually find some way better options from the financial point of view. I remember back when i was just starting my trading life, my teacher was a friend of mine, who was trading on stocks for a couple of years already. He was always telling me that you should never be ''addicted'' to a certain pair, however you must find a couple which you are always analyzing. I remember he actually told me to make a metatrader demo account before trading on forex, so i would see if i would like it before registering for a [URL deleted] fbs account. I was pretty sceptical about it, however i guess that was the best decision i ever made.
It's good advice that you shouldn't be addicted to one pair, but still have one or a few that you follow more closely than others. It's better to know a lot about a pair or two than trying and failing to keep up with many at a time.