Does anybody have MT4 build 1415 or an earlier version?

pinakkolada

Trader
May 25, 2024
Hello. Since the MT4 build was updated to version 1420 two days ago, my custom indicator is no longer working. If anyone has MT4 build 1415 or an older version, could you please share it?

pinakkolada

Trader
May 25, 2024
Here are the MT4 Build 1415 executables. Just overwrite the current ones you have.
One more question...Do you have any idea how to stop MT4 auto updates on crossover, macbook? :( I managed to replace MT4 1420 back to 1415 but they keep auto updating to 1420 and disabling my indicators. Only 1415 works perfectly fine with my indicators. I cannot believe their ''security updates'' is literally A SCAM. These updates are meant to ruin everything for us. That's how everything works in this world. Nothing really is here to benefits us in reality - all these updates. Everything is a scam.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Not sure if this can be applied to a macOS MT4 installation, but on Windows, this method can (probably) be used to disable auto-updating.
  1. Find the C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall folder.
  2. Delete its contents.
  3. Make it read-only for the system user (so that MetaTrader couldn't create new files there).
  4. Perhaps, the same should be repeated for the C:\ProgramData\Metaquotes\WebInstall folder if you have it.
Let me know if this works for you.

pinakkolada

Trader
May 25, 2024
Not sure if this can be applied to a macOS MT4 installation, but on Windows, this method can (probably) be used to disable auto-updating.
  1. Find the C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall folder.
  2. Delete its contents.
  3. Make it read-only for the system user (so that MetaTrader couldn't create new files there).
  4. Perhaps, the same should be repeated for the C:\ProgramData\Metaquotes\WebInstall folder if you have it.
Let me know if this works for you.
I followed the steps. Found WebInstall folder, deleted its contents, made folder read-only for all users I could see there, no WebInstall folder was in ProgramData, sadly, MT4 still updated itself and created new files in WebInstall :( Any other solution? :(

pinakkolada

Trader
May 25, 2024
I followed the steps. Found WebInstall folder, deleted its contents, made folder read-only for all users I could see there, no WebInstall folder was in ProgramData, sadly, MT4 still updated itself and created new files in WebInstall :( Any other solution? :(
I think I managed to stop MT4 auto updates on macOS because it doesn't update anymore after restarting MT4!!! Basically, I found this WebInstall folder in Crossover... Then deleted its contents and then went back to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes clicked ''Get info'' and checked the box on ''locked'' for this MetaQuotes folder. So the entire MetaQuotes folder was locked and I think this stops WebInstall folder which is inside MetaQuotes folder to create new files in order to update MT4 :) So just wanted everybody who might need this info to know the solution :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 02.48.05.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 02.48.05.png
    873.2 KB · Views: 191
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

lucipee

Trader
May 27, 2024
Hi, pls how can i get the MT4 Build 1415 to work on my macbook? any help will be appreciated
thanks

pinakkolada

Trader
May 25, 2024
Hi, pls how can i get the MT4 Build 1415 to work on my macbook? any help will be appreciated
thanks
If you are using MT4 windows version through crossover on your Macbook then you need to replace terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe with 1415 build terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe you download from here and block auto MT4 updates :)

lucipee

Trader
May 27, 2024
If you are using MT4 windows version through crossover on your Macbook then you need to replace terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe with 1415 build terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe you download from here and block auto MT4 updates :)
ok thank you so much,
how can i find the webinstall folder?

kein

Trader
May 28, 2024
hola alguien me puede explicar por favor como sobrescribir los datos actuales que tengo ? ya descargué el archivo ahora que hago? gracias

EDIT: Hello, can someone please explain to me how to overwrite the current data I have? I already downloaded the file, now what do I do? thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Marco2001

Trader
May 28, 2024
Alguien podria explicar como se sobreescribe los archivos, por favor

EDIT: Could someone explain how to overwrite the files, please?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hola alguien me puede explicar por favor como sobrescribir los datos actuales que tengo ? ya descargué el archivo ahora que hago? gracias

EDIT: Hello, can someone please explain to me how to overwrite the current data I have? I already downloaded the file, now what do I do? thank you

Alguien podria explicar como se sobreescribe los archivos, por favor

EDIT: Could someone explain how to overwrite the files, please?
You can get to your terminal's executable file location by following these instructions:
1. Right-click on the icon of your MT4 on the Desktop.
2. Select Properties.
3. A window like this will appear:
mt4-properties.png
4. Click Open File Location.
5. It will open the folder with terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe:
mt4-executables-folder.png
6. Just copy and paste the Build 1415 files from the archive to that folder.

Sabs99

Trader
May 28, 2024
Hi, I’m having trouble in looking for the Webinstall folder in Window. Can anyone guide me on this? Much appreciated. Thank you!

pinakkolada

Trader
May 25, 2024
Hi, I’m having trouble in looking for the Webinstall folder in Window. Can anyone guide me on this? Much appreciated. Thank you!
You can find WebInstall folder here: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall

If cannot see this folder is probably because you need to make HIDDEN FILES visible.
I use Macbook but if I remember well to make hidden files visible on Windows 11 you need to do this:
  • Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
  • Select View. Go to the Show option, and select Hidden items. All hidden files and folders are now visible.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

pinakkolada

Trader
May 25, 2024
Thank you for sharing 1415. I'm glad the EA is working again.
Prepare yourself because 1415 probably will not work for long.
Apparently, MT4 developers have plans to completely ban 1415 version and then error ''too old'' will come up and we will not be able to use this version again.

These Russians are ridiculous because all cracked indicators are coming from Russia too but they still call people thieves who use these cracked indicators. Russia is known to be top country when it comes to hackers but apparently regular people who use these indicators are still the worst people in the world.

They want people to purchase their useless indicators from their market that's why they are working hard with their ''security updates'' to ban all indicators which are not purchased from their market.
Funny enough, their indicators cannot make anybody money anyway, so all those expensive indicators on MT4 market we could say is kind of a scam.

Trading is all about learning to trade without indicators, we need to understand how market is moving, there is no other way, indicators can only give you visual clarity and some comfort but in reality they will not make you money and they are not worth buying.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Spiceboy79

mehdis

Trader
May 30, 2024
j'ya rrive pas du tout sur macbook ca nest pas pareil , quelqun peut maider car je suis vraiment bloquer. mon telegram est M3foi , merci davance a celui qui maidera

EDIT: I can't do it at all on Macbook, it's not the same, can someone help me because I'm really stuck. my telegram is M3foi, thanks in advance to anyone who will help me