Demo results VS real

MGU

Trader
Oct 21, 2022
After optimizing a configuration, I found a certain set up with good results, then last monday I've put it life and since after few hours It started to lose money, I've toke it out and came back to my old configuration. Then the next day I ve run my optimized configuration, and I found that for the same robot, same set up , and same day, the live account opened different trades than the Tickstory demo run??, why is that? is the robot configure to misslead you?

Haruto

Trader
Oct 26, 2022
Did your demo balance was the same as like your live account? It’s important, since psychological part such an important chapter here! On the other hand, try to follow the money management so tightly!

Ak04

Trader
May 31, 2022
After optimizing a configuration, I found a certain set up with good results, then last monday I've put it life and since after few hours It started to lose money, I've toke it out and came back to my old configuration. Then the next day I ve run my optimized configuration, and I found that for the same robot, same set up , and same day, the live account opened different trades than the Tickstory demo run??, why is that? is the robot configure to misslead you?
Demo is not the market. It is a lifeless montage which you are not a part of.

This is the fundamental difference that very few people do not understand. I see it again and again, but don't bother to explain this.

The market is reflexive in nature. You putting your little bot into the market and expecting it to achieve greatness is a bit delusional.

There are bots that do work and they eventually all fail.

Some of the greatest minds try this and end up getting crushed sooner or later.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
Demo is not the market. It is a lifeless montage which you are not a part of.

This is the fundamental difference that very few people do not understand. I see it again and again, but don't bother to explain this.

The market is reflexive in nature. You putting your little bot into the market and expecting it to achieve greatness is a bit delusional.

There are bots that do work and they eventually all fail.

Some of the greatest minds try this and end up getting crushed sooner or later.
I like the way you explained this, there are differences people don't think of and I think it isn't the best idea to put a lot of hope into those robots. Some may be able to perform well but I don't think any of them are going to do so indefinitely.

MGU

Trader
Oct 21, 2022
Did your demo balance was the same as like your live account? It’s important, since psychological part such an important chapter here! On the other hand, try to follow the money management so tightly!
Demo account was 50,000, and live account was 354 with a leverage of 1:500 means 177,000, do you think the same robot with different funds open different trades?

MGU

Trader
Oct 21, 2022
does anyone knows what happened with the gold/us$ all robot trades are negative..., it openned sell trades while the price was raising, so the closing was negative, wonder why the robot did not opened buy trades....

Haruto

Trader
Oct 26, 2022
Basically most of the retail traders use their demo casually, since the capital is all about the virtual money! As a result they suffer a lot in their live trading account!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
does anyone knows what happened with the gold/us$ all robot trades are negative..., it openned sell trades while the price was raising, so the closing was negative, wonder why the robot did not opened buy trades....
Robots (and humans) cannot predict market movement with 100% accuracy. Even if the robot you are using is good, it will still sometimes open trades that will be losing.

MGU

Trader
Oct 21, 2022
Robots (and humans) cannot predict market movement with 100% accuracy. Even if the robot you are using is good, it will still sometimes open trades that will be losing.
same robot in demo gain and lose in the same day, but in the real account same robot just loose

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
There is no slippage on demo you have to adjust for slippage yourself, also source of the quotes can be different, tick story data could be a refined one.

thomas_novak

Banned
May 1, 2023
In a demo account, it is hard to know which orders would actually have been executed in the live market. This is true of entries and exits, and thus results attained from a demo account are highly subjective at best, and completely inaccurate at worst.

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
In a demo account, it is hard to know which orders would actually have been executed in the live market. This is true of entries and exits, and thus results attained from a demo account are highly subjective at best, and completely inaccurate at worst.
Demo orders are not executed, there is a virtual instant counterparty that's why nobody wins or loses.

Martha maboko

Trader
May 31, 2023
Did you check if there was a news activity, by the time you executed the trade?
Or if the spread was higher ?
Most demo account usually have a different spread amount compared to a live account.

RicardoFx11

Banned
May 25, 2023
Most retail traders utilise their demo account casually because the capital is all about virtual money! As a result, their live trading account suffers greatly!