vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
Three forms of commission:
Fixed spread, others offer a
Variable spread
commission based on a percentage of the spread.

As a trader, which of the above commission structure would you prefer? I have noticed that many traders prefer the commission type. They are willing to pay a one time fee for each trade and get very low spreads.

RorEd

Dec 4, 2014
my ea triggers better with lower spreads and commissions. I prefer raw spread brokers and small commission of course.

chief

Confirmed Tickmill Representative
Oct 27, 2014
already made my choice :), I'd rather goes with commision based on a percentage spread.
most ECN service offer such transaction fee, no exception with my account with armada markets, it shown 2 USD per 100 000 USD traded, per side (0.0020% notional). and this not my first brokers service, I've been use many brokerage service ever since most trading platform still at 4 digits market price.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
That depends on the trader, I have one account with a variable spread and no commission, but still receive a very good spread which I can trade. Another account I have has tight spreads and commission. I use them for two different strategies and am happy with both. You just need to account for the way both will impact your money management.

Pionex

Trader
May 5, 2014
I have just two account with Profiforex, that is a Micro and a Standard account. On both account I am able to use variable and fixed spreads at the same time. The charges on the variable spread is 0.3 pips, but there are not commission deducted from my account whenever I use the fixed spreads. I also see some quotation that has a suffix "ECN" and when I asked customer support I was told it means lower spread quotation and that's right.

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
Well i think it depends a lot on personal choice. In my experience floating spreads always are tighter than fixed ones, However at the time of big economic event floating pips get surged. I would still personally choice floating spreads because i don't trade at news time but if you trade a lot at news time i think fixed spread will be a better option for you with no surprises.

Dmitriy Enrst

Active Trader
Mar 14, 2015
I don't think about it, because fresh has a promotion, which allows to return spread part. If you choose a return of loss-making deals, you will receive $10 per lot, if profitable – then $5.

bibol trader

Trader
Jul 24, 2023
Noob question here, where can I find the Commission in mt4 so that I can input it in Commision (one-way) per lot: usd.

in Position Sizer.

received_677835671047394~2.jpg

Phoebe TMGM

Trader
Jul 25, 2023
while you trade, it would shows on the column: "charges"
Or you could just ask your broker's account manager, which broker you are using now?

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
Three forms of commission:
Fixed spread, others offer a
Variable spread
commission based on a percentage of the spread.

As a trader, which of the above commission structure would you prefer? I have noticed that many traders prefer the commission type. They are willing to pay a one time fee for each trade and get very low spreads.
Certainly, I prefer raw spreads as well, as they offer more flexibility. You have the freedom to choose the best trade time when spreads are tight, allowing you to save on transaction costs.