change the starting balance on demo

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Hi All

I am on a demo a/c and got 50000 AUD as the balance to start with.
I dont want to trade with this amount but would like to change it to an arbitary amount (500, 1000, etc) in order
to reproduce a more real life scenario and exposure.Is there a way to change the balance on mt4 with the demo a/c ?

TIA

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Hi All

I am on a demo a/c and got 50000 AUD as the balance to start with.
I dont want to trade with this amount but would like to change it to an arbitary amount (500, 1000, etc) in order
to reproduce a more real life scenario and exposure.Is there a way to change the balance on mt4 with the demo a/c ?

TIA
//----

hey rad.... there is no way that i'm aware of..... most will just open a new demo with the preferred amount.....

that's a wise plan you have about attempting a more real life scenario.... it keeps your feet on the ground and your head out of the skies.....h

• 👍
Reactions: radaway

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Hi Hayseed
Thanks for the reply
<most will just open a new demo with the preferred amount..... >
I can open a new demo a/c , but do I propose to the broker about it ? I mean the moment I logged in the 1st time into my demo a/c, I got the 50k without even a choice option. so its kind of 'forced' on to you whether I like it or not. I am pretty sure if I open a new demo a/c with 'axitrader' { thats my broker btw} , they will slap me with another 50 k play-money :). any ideas how can I go about here.
btw ..any tips on what broker I should be choosing for the live trade eventually , there are so many in the market ( I am in west europe) , and most forum answers end with "find the one that gels with you the best, because everyone is different "...this is so vague for a rookie in this trade :).
Hope to hear

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
they will slap me with another 50 k play-money
//-----

hey rad..... that might be always the case, but for some reason seem to remember being able to adjust the balance.... been a while since I opened a demo.....

my experience with brokers is limited to 4..... and 2 of those have closed down...... i use oanda and fxcm now.... no problems worth mentioning with either..... we don't have much of a selection here in the states.....

enivid has a whole pack of brokers in the 'brokers' tab above in a sortable list...... i'd stick with a major one that was under strict regulation...... most of'em make it easy to deposit money..... some make it hard on withdrawals.....

oanda is my favorite at the moment.......h

• 👍
Reactions: radaway and Jason Rogers

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Hi Hayseed
Thanks for the reply (& once again)
a find a lot of folks dont divulge information(like on other forums that I have visited) ..but you made it so easy here.
with having 2 kids myself and a full time job..to dive into plethora of information on the net does make it very difficult to extract the info. that one seeks in this vast sea(needle in a haystack)specially when one is alone and needs to do it all by himself/herself.
but as I said, you made it a chunk easy for me here .Thanks to you !