concurrent running of accounts

radaway

Trader
Oct 5, 2016
Hi

I hope this is the right section..because this is more to do with installation than with Trading fundamentals.
Here goes:
I have rec'd the demo login a/c from Broker A
I have also rec'd demo login a/c from Broker B & also C .

all are for MT4 platform (with windows machine)

each broker has its own setup.exe for the demo accounts. Thus setup variant A, B and C (all executables)

Question: can I install all the 3 variants of the A,B, and C setups on 1 machine and carry on. I know I can install the executables, but will they not interfere with each other ? since these are all going to be MT4 installations on the same machine but with different broker accounts/servers ? (and maybe poking at the same registry settings too etc).

I already have the Broker 'A' mt4 running on my machine . so I need to go for B and C executables and was apprehensive of what will I be facing in such a situation .
Ideally : I would like to have 3 different desktop icons (A,B,C) and if NOT concurrently , then at least open A,B,C etc one by one , close down before opening the next. But thats the ideal world :)

can the above be done, or I need to de-install 'A' first, before going for 'B' and then do the same with B and C ..and so on ?

I hope my question was clear here.

ofcourse the workaround is : use 3 different machines , but it sounds like an overkill :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, you can safely install MT4 platforms from three brokers. Moreover, you can install as many MT4 instances as you like. For example, I have more than 10 installed on my PC. You can also run them all simultaneously if you want, though that would put a lot of strain your CPU/RAM (talking about more than 5 platforms running together). Running 3 platforms at the same time should not be a problem if you have a modern PC. Of course, you may choose to close one before opening the other if you want.

• 👍
Reactions: radaway

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Ideally : I would like to have 3 different desktop icons (A,B,C) and if NOT concurrently , then at least open A,B,C etc one by one , close down before opening the next. But thats the ideal world :)

ofcourse the workaround is : use 3 different machines , but it sounds like an overkill :)
//----

hey rad..... if the brokers exe does not create a unique desktop icon, you can always create your own..... one way is to right click on the exe and create a shortcut.... then drag that shortcut to the desktop and using properties change the icon to your preference..... it will still target that exe....

this is also handy when several people might have their own account on a single computer with the same broker but their own personal platform file folder..... each could have their own icon.....

the only interference known to me between platforms is in the MetaEditor..... if you have multiple platforms sometimes the miss-intended MetaEditor might open a download mq4 file..... it's just a slight nuisance, no big deal once you know what's going on.....

you can limit the pairs the platform deals with to reduce the cpu load..... some brokers might offer 50 symbols but you might only be interested in 6.... deactivating the other 44 in the market watch window.will help...... symbol sets.....

if load becomes a problem pay attention to the indicators or ea's attached..... one might be written in a poor manner.....

metaquotes has now a feature that will automatically kick off some indicators that will not load properly..... and there are also journal messages letting you know that a indicator might be taking to long to run or to slow..... the message will suggest rewriting the indicator properly.....

those messages are meant to help reduce the cpu's load.....h

• 👍
Reactions: radaway