Can we trust a broker based on regulation

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by Emibluz, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Ary Barroso

Ary Barroso Active Trader

1st all of; you need to check their regulation status properly; then if your broker is a new broker; then leave it immediately!

2. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

Well I've heard and read for a price manipulations at least. I don`t use them so can`t confirm it but the rumors are not so less.

3. Mauk

Mauk Trader

Regulated will means that you will still get your money back if you need so, see my point ? That's the whole main idea for that matter anyway. You can then contact their regulatory contact and then he will contact them and there is a big chance of money back.

4. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

You said it right: "...big chance of money back.". But it`s not sure. The chance with unregulated ones is the same. Don`t get me wrong. I`m not arguing with anyone. Just presenting my point of view. ;)

5. Callum Richards

Callum Richards Trader

I use some offshore and find it can give benefits

6. DT77

DT77 Trader

Yes there a few benefits of offshore ones

7. Enivid

Enivid Administrator Staff Member

That's not even funny. How do you get money from an offshore broker that either bankrupts or turns scam?

8. Jungletrader

Jungletrader Newbie

Exactly this , as with any platform micro account , test deposits and withdrawals and after a month or so up your balance that's about as much as we can do

9. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

The probability is the same like with the regulated one- 50:50. You`ll take it or will not. If somebody want to scam you there`s no laws which can stop him. All that can everyone do is just to be prepared and always with something in mind.

10. Enivid

Enivid Administrator Staff Member

Not only these probabilities has nothing to do with the reality, it also doesn't answer the question of how is it at all possible to get even some of the money lost to a scam unregulated broker back.

It is not the law that stops the scammers and gets you your money back - it is law enforcement that does so.

Yeah, like choosing a broker that can be and actually is held accountable.