Can anyone recommend eToro?

Rica74

Active Trader
Jan 9, 2009
I see they got a few good votes here on the broker’s poll, and I read a good review about them on Dailyforex (who are also offering a bonus for signing up with eToro) but wanted to hear some opinions before I go ahead with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

effx

Active Trader
Dec 16, 2008
What i like about etoro is their unique platform and the bonuses! Even though they're not regulated, i haven't heard any serious problems related to this broker.

Sinnerman

Active Trader
Jan 24, 2009
eToro is definitely not a scam like some other brokers, if that's what you mean (eToro USA is regulated by the NFA), but I'm not sure that in itself should make it your top pick. You should carefully weigh their pros and cons against your particular trading style. The trading conditions they offer are great for certain types of traders and for certain market conditions, but not for all. Their spreads are high and the platform doesn't offer many advanced features, but on the other hand, their customer support is very good, the platform is easy to use and they don't apply overnight interest (swap) on their positions. So basically, they are better suited to longer-term novice traders in a bear market than say, an experienced scalper. Have a look at this eToro review and article on choosing a forex broker in general. Hope that helps you in your decision.

Last edited:

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Most people have good experiences with etoro. Their platform is excellent & they are proven to a be an easy broker to work with. Be careful though, they don't accept new traders from Singapore or the states.

Sinnerman

Active Trader
Jan 24, 2009
Most people have good experiences with etoro. Their platform is excellent & they are proven to a be an easy broker to work with. Be careful though, they don't accept new traders from Singapore or the states.
eToro USA accepts traders from the States. Not sure about Singapore.

ForexTrader

Master Trader
Feb 7, 2009
I was under the assumption etoro was just a USA service perhaps I am wrong though, just something I read a while back. It was on a different Forex forum though.

Sinnerman

Active Trader
Jan 24, 2009
I was under the assumption etoro was just a USA service perhaps I am wrong though, just something I read a while back. It was on a different Forex forum though.
eToro (Tradonomi, LLC) itself does not accept US-based traders, but eToro USA, which is regulated by the NFA, is designed specifically to target American traders.

jimb12345

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2009
i have heard alot of good things about etoro. On several forums that i am they say very good things. I have not used in personally.

khairul6355

Active Trader
Mar 21, 2009
I see they got a few good votes here on the broker’s poll, and I read a good review about them on Dailyforex.com (who are also offering a bonus for signing up with eToro) but wanted to hear some opinions before I go ahead with them.

Don't take any risk. Why not you try to use a forex company which already establish and good ranking.

andy003

Master Trader
Jan 7, 2009
i can't say with assurance as i don't have any experience with them but my friend has great trading experience. Not as good for serious traders however Good for beginners. It is in the form of a forex game. It puts the fun back into trading.

m3d1n4

Active Trader
Jun 27, 2009
eToro was offered CPA too!!!! And you will get additional commissions up to $200 with joining eToro CPA while you earn huge profit from your trading with eToro platform that uses simple visualizations together with professional forex analysis tools in order to make the forex market approachable to people who have thus far been intimidated by it.

terminatorfx

Active Trader
Oct 12, 2009
eToro (Tradonomi, LLC) itself does not accept US-based traders, but eToro USA, which is regulated by the NFA, is designed specifically to target American traders.

This is what the etoro USA site says. From it i think you will see that eToro itself is not an NFA registered broker, but it is infact just an IB.

About eToroUSAe
ToroUSA is an online trading software offered by Tradonomi LLC that was established for the purpose of introducing prospective traders to U.S. regulated brokers. Tradonomi LLC. is registered with the CFTC and a member of NFA (ID:0382918).

eToroUSA has joined forces with FX Solutions, a leading Futures Commission Merchant, to present its clients with its unique online trading capabilities.

Did I understand wrong?

From reading reviews it seems that many of their east European and Asian clients have some difficulty as regards to withdrawals, but on saying that it also appears that the eToro platform is very good if you are a beginer. You may feel limited afterwards though.

DaveyBoy

Active Trader
Aug 9, 2010
I don't think posting about what a broker pay their affiliates has anything to do with how good a broker they are.

The OP wanted recommendations based on trader's experiences with a particular broker - not their affiliate payments.

Mar 30, 2020
I see they got a few good votes here on the broker’s poll, and I read a good review about them on Dailyforex (who are also offering a bonus for signing up with eToro) but wanted to hear some opinions before I go ahead with them.

Check it out. eToro long (buy) crypto positions are unregulated products with no investor protection. Why? Trading crypto is not supervised by any EU regulatory framework, such as MiFID, therefore, when trading crypto with eToro's you will not get any investor protection. Moreover, crypto prices can fluctuate widely.