Why demo performance is often better than live performance?

Aialocon

Mar 23, 2015
A demo has virtual money, so the liquidity is unlimited.
Unless they use a live feed, so you have exactly the same pricefeeds as a live account.
as far as I know in demo accounts the quotations are with a delay and are not EXACTLY the same as on live accounts

Artur

Jun 2, 2015
Because it makes no emotional pressure on trader as far as his own money are not involved. Demo is a game and trading is real life

olivine

Trader
May 21, 2015
I feel demo trading is tension free trading. We make lot of profit here ,use high lot because there is no tension of capital if we loose in next trading we recover loss. less emotions are involved in demo trading. So it is better performance than real trading.

Well, for one thing, live atmosphere and real environment is difference from demo trading. Apart from the fact, that there is no psychological tension involved and you are quite at relative ease when trading demo ... knowing fully well that your mistake won't actually punish you and any profit won't benefit you.

The real point of demo trading is to devise a strategy and then keep replicating it and master the art of duplicating your performance so that there is no hindrance when you are going live in real market.

Demo server is never over-crowded, trade context never gets busy, slow connection never affect the efficiency of your trade execution nor you ever experience the slippage.

Even then demo trading has its own benefits.

Demo trading account main advantage is that - one could trade the virtual amount as they wish and here there is no risk factor working. Its just a type of test ,the traders are doing before entering to the real trading world. Traders can learn anything related to the market but yes sometimes this demo account can bring some carelessness to the traders as they feel very relaxed about thinking that they are having enough knowledge from demo accounts and thus trade in real account casually,which leads to a big loss.

SurtiTrader

Trader
Jul 28, 2014
Demo account is for those who lacks the knowledge of dealing with Live account. It is just to make them familiar with the process of Real trading. Thus its results are different in their performances.

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
I think in demo there is no our money involved and we are trading without any fear but when we start trading with live account we are under pressure and we can feel fear of loosing so it can happen that demo trading is better then live trading.

ambitionfx

Active Trader
Jul 1, 2015
Here is my demo performance from last month:
[IMG removed due to excessive width]

I also switched to real few days after with the same strategy, however, finally I lost somehow. Hence never come to conclusion that demo is similar with real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ese11

Trader
Aug 12, 2015
Demo accounts actually gives one the chance to enhance your trading skills without depositing,you get to practice and the conditions on this account are almost the same on all account types.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
demo has its uses, but dont expect the exact same results of live, i do trade some trades on demo if im not certain or even do some comparisons by entring both at my live and demo at hotforex just to see how it goes.

GlodexFX

Jun 19, 2015
I still feel like it's that psychological aspect, on a demo account you just naturally don't feel the pressure to make drastic moves giving you more clarity but when you transfer to a live account that all but goes out the window. Maybe if one starts with demo then uses in conjunction with live you can get the feel of those same emotions and way of thinking.

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
It is because in demo account we don't have any emotions problem. In a real account emotions really set us up to do wrong decision very often in our trading career.

Andrea

Aug 13, 2015
Well, I guess that's cause as long as your own money is not concerned - you keep cool and able to make better decisions. When your money is at stake - it becomes much harder to control your emotions. Controlling your emotions is actually a big issue in trading.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Well, I guess that's cause as long as your own money is not concerned - you keep cool and able to make better decisions. When your money is at stake - it becomes much harder to control your emotions. Controlling your emotions is actually a big issue in trading.

Yes this is a known fact that many of the Forex traders are not able to have a control over their emotions.

And this is also a reason why they will fail and unable to get any profits from their trades :)

ambitionfx

Active Trader
Jul 1, 2015
Different trading conditions give you different performances. I also experienced this in the past, my demo perofmance was incredible, no loss in > 10 trades in a row. But when switch to live trading, my account can't stand after first week.

masterjack

Aug 25, 2015
demo account performance is often better because trading in demo account, emotions hardly come in play because in the real sense you've got nothing to loose.

Oct 11, 2015
I mean I think that people like them just because it's a good way to get a good start. I know that they have helped me out a lot in the long run because I was able to come up with a good way to trade. I could figure out the way that I would be able to do it best. I know that some people say that they are bad, but you just need to know the things you should be cautious about before you make an account. If you're going to make a demo account then you should try and make sure that you know that when you're live trading, the market won't be the same. Another thing would be that you will lose emotion if you lose money with the demo account. Since it's not your money, you won't care that much about the money that you're losing. So, just make sure that you are cautious about that because you don't want to end up losing more money than before the demo account you made. Also, if you want a good place to find demo accounts then I would suggest checking out concordbay.com/en because they are the best place for all the things that you will need. I went to them, and I have to say that I was very pleased with the results that I got.

Last edited:

jerry

Jul 19, 2015
I don't know how everyone make incredible performances on demo, to me, I still can win with demo after many demo account opened.