How many test accounts did you need?

dojo

Trader
Sep 21, 2011
I just 'messed' up a test account on forex.com and, since I didn't have too much time to understand how this all goes, I'm sure I would need at least 1 more go for a test if not more.

Were you able to learn faster? How many test accounts did you need?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I am still trading on demo account (in fact on 3 demo accounts). You never stop learning, so you'll always need a demo account to test new ideas. I wasted a countless amount of them. More than 50, that's for sure!

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
I have 2 live accounts and 3 demo accounts, I will always demo. Plus I tend to compair feeds from different brokers. Get yourself 3 or 4:D

Forex scalper

Trader
Oct 1, 2011
I just 'messed' up a test account on forex.com and, since I didn't have too much time to understand how this all goes, I'm sure I would need at least 1 more go for a test if not more.

I think that for every trader is unique person, so it is not possible to say exact number here, i can tell you my story ...

I started with only watching market for 2 weeks and after that i jumped in with real account .. i think that it was best possible school for me, because once you loose your own money, you are highly motivated to make them back, so you think .. think .. and think + real trading is with pressure not like demo trading ..
now after three years of trading (scalping) sometimes open an demo account for testing my new ideas, because i know how real trading works :)

(of course i did't open my first real account with all my money)

devis77

Active Trader
Nov 8, 2011
Up do date I have 4 ... not that I use them, but because I tend to loose all of my money in them and need to reg a new one. As Enivid said, you will never stop learning and it's good to test everything before paying with real cash for it.

UWC Neeraj

Active Trader
Apr 27, 2012
Cyprus
Yeah, there isn't a limit on how many you can have. And you could test a different strategy on each one if you wanted to.

You can use as many Demo accounts as you want till you are satisfied with their performance and are able to test the strategy in them with success.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
In addition to two live accounts, I have three demo ones - diff brokers, believe me, the learning process is never over.

lyn.forex

Trader
Apr 30, 2012
I started with a demo-account. It last for about 7 days. I had it with Trade Copier. So far, I did not try any other software or platform aside from Trade Copier. Anyway, I am open to learning more from other platforms. With the demo, I had 2 test accounts, one as the master and one slave. I used demo accounts to test first a strategy before using it on my live accounts. It's safer actually.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
hahaha messing up or blowing an account is ok? i do not know how many demo accounts ive leteraly blown in fact after months of practice and i was like serious about is i did blow a live account once, its totally normal to mess up demo when practicing you can't avoind mistakes, after blowing my first account with hotforex I just continued and learned from my mistakes :D

UWC Neeraj

Active Trader
Apr 27, 2012
Cyprus
In addition to two live accounts, I have three demo ones - diff brokers, believe me, the learning process is never over.

Keeping the trades in the Demo accounts is better when not sure about the outcome of a particular news or event and the related impacts it may be having on the markets.

JoogleGJ

Trader
Jul 11, 2011

Demo accounts help traders test their trading strategies. They are very useful. I also registered several one. Till now, probably I’ve registered 5 or more demo accounts, cannot remember clearly. But trading on demo account is very different with trading on real account in psychological aspect. So, in my opinion, using micro account to test trading strategy is a better method. I have 2 micro account in Profiforex. I felt the testing outcome on micro account is better than on demo account.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
ROTFL..

Keeping the trades in the Demo accounts is better when not sure about the outcome of a particular news or event and the related impacts it may be having on the markets.

Oh yes, if we can all predict the market movements or the news impact on the market, we would be making tons of $$$..and yes, the quest for that kind of "edge" still continues..*sigh* if it were that simple..

lyn.forex

Trader
Apr 30, 2012
it's ok to blow or mess up once or twice. as long as at the end of the day, you learn from the experience. before, i got frustrated when I messed one of my accounts with tradecopier dot com. but i get the hang out of the risks. now i feel more confident with every trade i do.

hahaha messing up or blowing an account is ok? i do not know how many demo accounts ive leteraly blown in fact after months of practice and i was like serious about is i did blow a live account once, its totally normal to mess up demo when practicing you can't avoind mistakes, after blowing my first account with hotforex I just continued and learned from my mistakes :D

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
it's ok to blow or mess up once or twice. as long as at the end of the day, you learn from the experience. before, i got frustrated when I messed one of my accounts with tradecopier dot com. but i get the hang out of the risks. now i feel more confident with every trade i do.

I have also blown my account and that happen as i know that i am taking more risks for more gains so it is a pre-calculated move by me which may or may not be successful.