the search for the best trend indicator

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
expert advisors, scripts and indicators can all be written in a ways to rank the results of trades filtered by trend indicators and trade direction.....

so once you have a hand full of possibles, comparing them is somewhat simple.....

some of the well known trend following traders, like bill williams, ed seykota and such, are known to add trades as the trend continues..... in trends lasting weeks, months or maybe years, there could easily be hundreds of open trades.....
//-----

so, long strings of winning trades often are more a result of the long trend itself..... the actual trade producing signal can be minor...... but the trend direction indicator most likely will be major.....

comparing the results of trading with or against the trend, leaves little doubt in my mind which side of the fence i want to be on.....

eventually the inevitable trend change comes along...... so be it.......h
//------

//------

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
nice video of you. as from video i can see you are looking for qqe as your main indicator of trend?
//---

yes, in at least one video i was..... not sure which.....

i have probably compared a couple dozen indicators as trend definers..... some are better than others of course..... and some that would seem good, such as bill williams 'alligator', do not do so well.....

once you get the trend defined, small trades will do the rest.....h

Foolsgame

Jan 28, 2021
i do not think that hayseed means to search for holy grail. he is just try to demonstrate the trend he is using and his way of trading...

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
is there holy grail when we consider indicators?
//---

hey viceroy..... if there is it still alludes me..... but do we really need it....

sometimes what we have before us is all that is needed to do reasonably well.....

in the video in that psar scanner thread, i had mentioned something about the eurusd being in a uptrend till psar says different..... by sheer coincidence, just a few minutes later in the second video, the daily psar broke......

since then, there has been 17 sell signals on the 240 chart...... i have taken them all..... all 17.....

for me, forex is a tremendously enjoyable challenge..... if it became to easy, the appeal would vanish.....h
//-----

eurusd-h4-oanda-division1-17-240-2.png

PizzaMan

Trader
Jan 9, 2021
//---

hey viceroy..... if there is it still alludes me..... but do we really need it....

sometimes what we have before us is all that is needed to do reasonably well.....

in the video in that psar scanner thread, i had mentioned something about the eurusd being in a uptrend till psar says different..... by sheer coincidence, just a few minutes later in the second video, the daily psar broke......

since then, there has been 17 sell signals on the 240 chart...... i have taken them all..... all 17.....

for me, forex is a tremendously enjoyable challenge..... if it became to easy, the appeal would vanish.....h
//-----

eurusd-h4-oanda-division1-17-240-2.png
Wow! Thanks for sharing!