positives and negatives of forex trading

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
my mention of positives relating to forex might strike a nerve with those that thrive on negatives, but it is not meant to.....

if i were to list and rank all the positives and negatives of forex, without a doubt, it's fairness would be number 1.....

gender, race, color, nationality, seniority, politics has no effect either way..... account currency aside, we all are paid the exact same.....

forex trading has the potential to be the truest equalizer...... no matter who or where you are, your paid the exact same as me..... i like that thought.....
//-------

the scales are pretty much balanced in forex..... the negatives equal the positives.... if one at a time, we slowly whittle down the negatives gravity will do the rest......h

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
another positive, at least for me, is how unobtrusive to life it can be if we allow it..... there is just no way i could sit and watch the bid bounce around for even 5 minutes...... that would bore me to death..... i have far more important things to do......

for example, it's common for me to post pictures of hunting, fishing, making sausage, running the sawmill and such with my laptop somewhere in the picture..... it's there for convenience only......

thru push notifications or email sent to my iphone, it will alert me of anything important..... until then, forex is not on my mind or in my way.....

i just don't want to be tied to a screen..... trades are placed..... targets are set...... i move on never giving it any more thought.....

the london open is at 2 am for me..... i can wake up or let the platform alert me if anything of value is going on......

forex does not have to dominate our time unless we allow it...... the choice is ours.......h

//------
pipeline cutoff.jpeg
//-----
sausage.jpg
//----
sawmill.jpg

Last edited:

Stonegrove

Dec 10, 2019
A good plus in forex trading is that you can make good money and that is, without leaving your home, roughly speaking, there is little new - all the same, this is a risk to and you need to be prepared for it.

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
A good plus in forex trading is that you can make good money and that is, without leaving your home, roughly speaking, there is little new - all the same, this is a risk to and you need to be prepared for it.
//------

very true...... and the part about being prepared for the risk is a wise warning..... the risk is real.....

test the water slowly first.... it's foolish to dive right in.....h

Zack King

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2019
a big positive is that its something you can do on the go, you dont have to be confined to your home. thank god mt4 is allowed on mobiles ios and android users can all trade on the go

• 👍

mark_t

Oct 19, 2019
Forex has both positives and negatives, it all depends on how you deal with these to have a profitable trading journey.

• 👍

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Forex has both positives and negatives, it all depends on how you deal with these to have a profitable trading journey.
Well; trading skill plays the vital role here; if you are trading with an ordinary trading skill; then you must suffer!

• 👍

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
//----

poor trading skills are a negative for sure.... poor skills in any endeavor are a negative........

fortunately in forex we have demo accounts where we can improve our skills or perhaps decide trading is just not for us..... there is nothing wrong in the decision to just say "no", and try our hand at something else.... trading is risky and not for everyone.....

if by chance, after the serious demo phase someone decides try their hand at a real account, odds are still high they will lose their money if a few rules and concepts are not followed at first.....

such as at first,

at first, deposit only a low amount.... my definition of low might be 1/4 my daily pay rate, or less.... probably less.....

at first, trade small..... no one needs to be a millionaire tomorrow..... use the smallest lot size available...... a penny a pip if possible.....

at first, have only one open trade ..... this gives the single trade your well deserved full focus.... it is very difficult to watch a dozen rats of different sizes and colors running amuck in a box.....

at first, think in realistic values..... try to match the yearly return rate on a savings account.....

at first, trade only with the trend..... 240, 1440, and 10080.....

at first, don't make the same mistakes we made..... be smart....
//------

and again, there is absolutely nothing wrong saying "thanks but no thanks" to forex..... trading is risky and not for everyone......h

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
//----

hey mark...... true.....

seems to me, some are so bent on finding and pointing out the negatives of forex they never give themselves time to look for possible solutions.....

the wright brothers knew the negatives of a crash, they preferred to spend their time learning how to avoid it and fly........h

Cooper_01

Trader
Oct 7, 2019
Exactly. For me it’s been a roller coaster ride in forex. Saw the negative and positive aspect of forex trading but after thorough understanding and in-depth research i can say it’s been a profitable journey.

Zack King

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2019
As elsewhere, Forex has its advantages and disadvantages, but if you know them, then trading will be successful
agreed mate. the hardest part about forex trading is the learning part, and mastering the skill entirely before throwing yourself into a live account and simply hoping for the best

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
agreed mate. the hardest part about forex trading is the learning part, and mastering the skill entirely before throwing yourself into a live account and simply hoping for the best
Because, newbie’s start with zero trading background; & there is no mentor. So, manual learning is always challenging!

torry9

Jan 6, 2020
Liquidity is the best pat of trading forex,volatility being its negative side. However if traders use the right strategy, you can overcome the negative side of it too.

• 👍
Reactions: trader_67

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
here are some of the positives i enjoy, can be done from anywhere and anytime, 24/5 open market full of opportunities, and for thrill seekers this market might as well a be an adrenaline generating industry lol. negatives in my opinion is how fast this industry can eat through your life savings if not done correctly, given how easy it is to trade now a days, evey one can be a legit trader in 30 minutes, but the work that comes with it takes years and years and years.

• 👍

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Positive is potential for quick and higher returns.
//-----

hey mandy.... yes that potential is there..... traders with a deep understanding of the forex markets, who are fully aware of the risks involved and have the free time to dedicate solely to trading, might see those higher returns.....

lower and slower returns are also available for those of us less free time......

end of day trading can be less time demanding while the slower pace gives 24 hours to consider your trade, if any......h

TFA

Trader
Jan 23, 2020
Are you able to successfully become a full time trader with forex and sustain yourself?