What is Price action?

Aug 25, 2011
A lot of people have this question in mind, what exactly is PRICE ACTION.
And why is PRICE ACTION KING IN FOREX?
To answer the above question, i start off with talking about indicators.
There are tons of indicators out there, be it forex or others. They work mostly the same way.
And there are new indicators coming out every other day.
Alot of traders when they first started trading forex, they have tons on indicators on their charts. Trying different combination of which works best for them. And at the end of the day, they get confused all over as one indicator may be telling you to go long, but the other is telling you to go short.
Which will result in you making bad decisions and end up blowing your account with a frustrated mind.
Why does it happen this way? Indicators are derived from the chart movements. Some indicators react faster, some slower.
However, as they are derived from the chart movements. They are 1 step slower than the chart. Which is in fact Price Action!
Price Action leads the indicators, and when price reverses it movement from short to long (example). The indicator which you are watching is one step too late. And by the time the indicator confirms it is going short, Price Action has taken the market to go Long.
This happens most of time, if not all of the time.
Therefore = ALL INDICATORS ARE LAGGING INDICATORS!
PRICE ACTION IS WHAT LEADS THE INDICATORS, IT IS KING IN FOREX!
By understanding Price action in forex trading, we are able to understand the ENTIRE PICTURE of the market.
WHY is the market moving up,
WHAT causes it to stop moving,
WHY is the market reversing
WHY is the market in consolidation
IT is like reading a book once you have mastered price action in forex. And the best thing is, It is not difficult!
It is even easier than you reading an indicator.
And when you mastered price action, with combination of our system. You will almost be able to pick absolutely MARVELLOUS TRADES all the time. CONFLUENCE is the King of the game. This is what equates to our high probablity trades with a high winning ratio.
To an Awesome Trading as Always,
Ezekiel Chew

• 👍
Reactions: Jajaofopobo

f123x

Trader
Jan 29, 2012
indonesia
i think price action is consider all the items of forex trading such as timing, leverage, and many more when they going to Open position.

Klinger

Trader
Jan 30, 2012
I was really surprised at how easy it was to understand Forex, once I got started. I like the points made here. Once you've managed Forex, you will wonder why you didn't get started sooner.

Apr 18, 2012
You have the right point...

Price action is the study of Behavior of price at certain important levels of price .
This may seem a bit difficult in worlds but when you see a chart it will be clear ..
You can see a price hitting say a psychological level of 1.3000 on USD/cad and see sellers come in ..how do u know this? look at the charts and you will see behaviors of price around the important levels which we call price pivot zones acting as support and resistance . This is real gem when we call trading NAKED CHARTS ..This is what trading naked charts is ..I bet once you start to understand this price behavior you will forget using any indicator and start with naked charts ...

I hope this helps..

Alchemist

Active Trader
May 2, 2012
England
www.alchemistforex.com
Price action is the study of Behavior of price at certain important levels of price.

That's a great definition. Draw trend lines, horizontal support and resistance levels and see how price reacts to them. Learning a few simple candle/bar patterns will help to signal entries, but that comes later. Once you have learnt the basics, it's a lot easier than using indicators, as well as being far more effective.

forexexplore1

Trader
Nov 22, 2012
USa
www.forexexplore.com
That's an excellent meaning. Sketch pattern collections, horizontally assistance and level of resistance stages and see how cost responds to them. Studying a few easy candle/bar styles will help to indication records, but that comes later. Once you have discovered the fundamentals, it's a lot simpler than using signs, as well as being far more efficient.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Yes I think so! Price Action trading strategy is the most powerful technical strategy! It describes the market flow rate so keenly! But, to be honest only technical analysis is not enough here; without enough knowledge on the fundamental analysis; it’s really hard to describe the market trend.

peter

Master Trader
Mar 21, 2010
Yes I think so! Price Action trading strategy is the most powerful technical strategy! It describes the market flow rate so keenly! But, to be honest only technical analysis is not enough here; without enough knowledge on the fundamental analysis; it’s really hard to describe the market trend.

I'm using price action systems
see my performance -
DetailedStatement (3).gif

May 15, 2018
Very informative post. Thanks. Can someone please guide me about any profitable trading strategy? I'm a beginner, wanna learn about successful trading strategies.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Very informative post. Thanks. Can someone please guide me about any profitable trading strategy? I'm a beginner, wanna learn about successful trading strategies.

Well, it really tough to mention any specific name, suppose price action trading strategy is working for me, that doesn’t mean it will also work for you. Hope you understand.