Scotland's independence vote?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
A referendum on whether Scotland should be an independent country will take place on Thursday, 18 September 2014. I’m wondering what forex traders should expect after the voting and what currency pairs can be affected by it?

Last edited:

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
Guess, tensions on GBP is rapidly recruiting, there will be short term bearish breakout, short before and after. There is two pending opposite orders in my Hotforex platform, with very tight spreads two lot each size. Looking forward to see powerful smooth and continuous outbreak in any direction :)

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
I would expect the referendum to go through, in which case, cable will take a hit and if the referendum does fail, cable should stay bullish or as much as can be expected..

Nick Anderson

Banned
Jul 16, 2014
USA
Oh cmon, London won't allow Scotland become independent, they spend too much to conquer to lose it that easy. Referendum will fail, GBP will rise.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
LOL, It failed, not because of what London did, but rather on account of a slim majority that thought about the fiscal impact to scotland if it chose to separate from the Union. But what should send alarm bells ringing in westminister is the fact that nearly half, wanted independence..in other words, this referendum is just the first one with many set to follow in the years to come..
Scotland will become independent, it is not a question of "whether" but rather "when"..

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
LOL, It failed, not because of what London did, but rather on account of a slim majority that thought about the fiscal impact to scotland if it chose to separate from the Union. But what should send alarm bells ringing in westminister is the fact that nearly half, wanted independence..in other words, this referendum is just the first one with many set to follow in the years to come..
Scotland will become independent, it is not a question of "whether" but rather "when"..

Yeah you are the refferendum failed but still the majority was not that considerable.