Price Action @ Confluence Zones

pipsaholic

Trader
Jun 2, 2011
Hey Guys,

I wanted to get the feedback of fellow traders new and experienced on the way they take reversals and continuation in confluence zones in trending markets between 5m-4 hour charts. In the spot fx market.

I understand that continuations make up 65-70% of developed market patterns and reversals make up 30-35%.

To my understanding for price action to make a continuation it usually stabs through the Support/Resistance zone or a momentum candle then pullbacks, which may been seen in lower timeframes for it to hold to make a continuation. Reversals usually make a pin bar reversal signal at a major structure level or between 38.2 - 78.6% fib level at times a double pin bar. I also seen at times price hugging the S&R lines especially in the Asian session coming into Europe for price to pullback and breakout only for it to fake out and then breakdown or a true breakout after a false breakout. Also, price tends to have a control point at 00 numbers with it either poking through and reversing or blasting through and continuing.

What's your experience been like? Please stick to the topic.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
Hey Guys,

I wanted to get the feedback of fellow traders new and experienced on the way they take reversals and continuation in confluence zones in trending markets between 5m-4 hour charts. In the spot fx market.

I understand that continuations make up 65-70% of developed market patterns and reversals make up 30-35%.

To my understanding for price action to make a continuation it usually stabs through the Support/Resistance zone or a momentum candle then pullbacks, which may been seen in lower timeframes for it to hold to make a continuation. Reversals usually make a pin bar reversal signal at a major structure level or between 38.2 - 78.6% fib level at times a double pin bar. I also seen at times price hugging the S&R lines especially in the Asian session coming into Europe for price to pullback and breakout only for it to fake out and then breakdown or a true breakout after a false breakout. Also, price tends to have a control point at 00 numbers with it either poking through and reversing or blasting through and continuing.

What's your experience been like? Please stick to the topic.

Here is what I look for, hope its alittle help. Please don't mind the sounds of my dogs running through the kitchen in the background.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27868290/pipsaholic2.avi

Last edited:

humie

Trader
Jan 17, 2012
i understand that continuations make up 65-70% of developed market patterns especially in the Asian session coming in to Europe for price to pull back

pipsaholic

Trader
Jun 2, 2011
Intertesting I have heard that stat however not heard about it in the Asian session going into Europe as I thought it was for all sessions. Thanks.