My latest Spreadbetting strategy

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
have a closeall() function..... it can be a $ value or a price level.....
You haven't got this on MT4 ... Thinking of getting someone to make me a Red Button wired into it in the BRHC

Close All.png

It's a real pain trying to access it at the moment ... especially when time is of the essence and you are losing money FAST

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
You can have a square bitmap image with a round button in it and some specific color for background. Then you can make that color transparent in your code after loading the button as a resource.
Let's get a square button that works first :D

Could be a slow process ... writing my FIRST Expert Advisor ... even though I am cheating by copying Rene

Definitely could do with another monitor ... for this and learning Python

Slow.png

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
IMO not the best of teachers ... Definitely a learning curve ... Now I have to figure where I have gone wrong

Hmmm.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
You haven't got this on MT4 ... Thinking of getting someone to make me a Red Button wired into it in the BRHC
//------

got something better....... it's called a priscilla button....... it's on almost every chart...... click it and it's a done deal......

originally written for priscilla ........ once the account profit reaches a set level, it will alert non stop saying, "click the priscilla button"....... once clicked it closes all trades then prints it was clicked............ and she gets the money......

well...... to tell the truth....... she gets the money even if i click it......h
//-----

gbpchf-i-h4-eightcap-global-ltd-gbpchf.png

Last edited:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
It's now 03:50 for me now BUT I got there :) ... My FIRST expert advisor ... have to wait now until Sunday night to see if it works though

0 Errors ... 0 Warnings so it's promising

With today's trades, you can see why I might want to CLOSE ALL in a hurry

Does anybody know what that spike at 13:30 GMT was about ? ... Lucky I was in front of the screen at the time :D An EA would have missed it :(

With hindsight (a wonderful thing) I should have taken the re-trace back to the New York Open

I purposely waited for the re-trace after London Open ,,, I should really have made myself available when Frankfurt Opened ... C'est la vie

Close.png

Could somebody please tell me how to write 2 lines of Text ... CLOSE ALL wouldn't wrap

MQL5:
createButton(BtnClose,"CLOSE",50,50,200,30,clrWhite,clrRed);

Now I have it square is starting to grow on me ... MIGHT look out of place being round

Last edited:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
it's called a priscilla button....... it's on almost every chart...... click it and it's a done deal......
I'm not knocking it... But your chart reminds me of Blackpool Illuminations [URL deleted]

Blackpool.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Priscilla looks to be EXACTLY the same as what I want ... Only mine will be called CLOSE ALL

That said ... just noticed you also have a Close All ... So what's the difference ?

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
DECIDED that's enough trying out my latest strategy on a Demo ... Will be going LIVE on Monday with a small a/c

This US buy move isn't going to last forever ... MIGHT even change direction next week ... Which from my perspective will give a better result ... especially when it bounces off the lower trendline :D

US_Run_1.png

Last edited:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Could somebody please tell me how to write 2 lines of Text ... CLOSE ALL wouldn't wrap
Decided also to go for BOLD text ... possibly ArialBold

What do I change text to ? ... I remember Rene saying leave as default ... he never explained the alternatives

I tried just changing

MQL5:
  ObjectSetString(0,objName,OBJPROP_TEXT,text);

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Priscilla looks to be EXACTLY the same as what I want ... Only mine will be called CLOSE ALL

That said ... just noticed you also have a Close All ... So what's the difference ?
//-----

you reminded me of the difference......

the closeall button has to be manually clicked and it will shut down the entire account......

the priscilla button will work if clicked, or after a certain number of alerts it will click itself....... i call it the 'ai' priscilla...... but it only closes the profitable orders .......
//----

to understand my attraction for buttons, imagine needing to place sell limits on the past sixteen 30 minute highs on every jpy pair..... or a buystop at past sixteen 5 minute lows on every jpy pair.....

in each case over 100 precisely placed orders across 7 pairs....... manually..... with profit targets and stoplosses...... only a few people in the world would attempt that twice...... and i'm not one.......

a single button could do it with precision before you could say, jpy pair....... and seconds later on every eur pair....... and seconds later at every low......

i'm big on delegation......h

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
to understand my attraction for buttons, imagine needing to place sell limits on the past sixteen 30 minute highs on every jpy pair..... or a buystop at past sixteen 5 minute lows on every jpy pair.....
Difference between trading styles ... I want to bet the absolute maximum my account will stand ... On ONE bet

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Mon_12.02.2024.png

29.53 points ... Not a bad start ... There were a couple of minor hiccups saved by the SL ... Don't talk about them

Started with £36.87 and end of day was £38.14 ... £1.27 profit which doesn't seem much but is 1,170% increase on a 0.10 bet ... Think if it was a £100 bet

Not sure why but the increase from £36.87 to £38.14 is 3.444%

Believe me ... once it gets going it will be a snowball