Forex Investing - Risky Or Rewarding?

drainbroker

Banned
May 25, 2012
Investing is a very strong word. It's more like a method to increase your income but only if you make a lot of effort. If you look for investment, cfd trading is probably more good.

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
Investing is a very strong word. It's more like a method to increase your income but only if you make a lot of effort. If you look for investment, cfd trading is probably more good.

In the start we must Invest less and also we need to risk less amount in our trades. This will ensure that our trading is safe and the accounts funds are protected.

jakir0079

Trader
May 30, 2012
Bangladesh
It is right that Forex is a risky trade but it is profitable business too. I think if i can properly use good strategy, good knowledge, control emotions, control greed on trading then i must be success and get lot of good profit in Forex other wise i loss my all invest.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
the way that i look at it, everything we do in every day of our lives involves risks and rewards as well as forex trading, its all about balancing the two :) when i started trading with hotforex i was a high risk taker with little knowledge and its like mixing gass and fire if u ask me and i've learned to balance them, and try to risk less on less assured trades and so one :)

Alchemist

Active Trader
May 2, 2012
England
www.alchemistforex.com
Most people consider trading to be a lot riskier than investing, but I don't agree. I am a swing trader, taking high probability trades on daily charts. I am consistently profitable, and my money management is relatively conservative. My account is growing steadily and I only have small drawdowns.

Compare that to investing, where most if not all of your capital is in the market. Your total exposure is far greater, and a single bad day in the market can leave a nasty hole in your capital. It can take a long time to recover from, and get back to the point where you are in profit again.

Obviously it depends on your strategy, and some people do you use very risky ones. However, the same could be said about investing.

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
Most people consider trading to be a lot riskier than investing, but I don't agree. I am a swing trader, taking high probability trades on daily charts. I am consistently profitable, and my money management is relatively conservative. My account is growing steadily and I only have small drawdowns.

Compare that to investing, where most if not all of your capital is in the market. Your total exposure is far greater, and a single bad day in the market can leave a nasty hole in your capital. It can take a long time to recover from, and get back to the point where you are in profit again.

Obviously it depends on your strategy, and some people do you use very risky ones. However, the same could be said about investing.

I usually prefer to trade using the Fundamentals and i am trading on longer time frames.

This works good for me as i typically make an Entry into the markets at the right time :D

Apr 17, 2012
Is it different from 1/3 ;)?

Forex is a rewarding place but not use properly, then it is risky. When you tried to -to claw back losses.
-Setting unrealistic goals (trying to grow your account too fast)
-By having set targets which you are trying to meet.
-Trading for a living with an undercapitalized account.
;)

cjthelegend

Trader
May 3, 2012
You can manage your potential risk and your potential reward. But bottom line is that the market generates both. It always has and it always will.

Apr 17, 2012
it is a risky market with rewarding chances

Right Sam,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,agree with u It is risky market with rewarding chance

Forex investing can be both risky and rewarding. It's really risky for those who do not trade in the forex market with proper forex market knowledge and good trading strategy. Traders having good forex market knowledge and good trading strategy can make very good profit from the forex market. Then investing in the forex market is rewarding for them.

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Very rewarding to me and extremely low risk as risk is equal to lack of knowledge and the markets themselves are almost risk free. Is the lack of knowledge and sophistication by market participants which makes it risky to them.

fxfund

Trader
Mar 5, 2012
my view is a lot of trading methods dont follow trading principles. There can be many methods but there is only few trading principles that the method need to follow in order for the traders to success.

1. Let your profit run - Most of the trading system in the internet take small profit and let loss run
2. Cut your loss - same as the above
3. Money management - how much the trade on a system strongly depend on frequency numbers of trades and the win and lose ratio.

[link removed]

good luck to all of you on trading!!

Malmopipper

Trader
Oct 7, 2012
Using a broker's analysis

Do any of you use a broker's analysis to do your trades. I use First Swedish Research's analysis and brokers to place my trades. I usually win big on my contracts and get a personal service I could never get with just an online broker. Who do you use?

ajraf

Trader
Oct 10, 2012
I think its depend on a trader . If a trader just invest his money without know the proper knowledge about Forex trading then it will be risky for him. But if he gain proper knowledge about Forex trading and then invest his money it will be rewarding for him.

azharfsd

Trader
Oct 18, 2012
You can see both in the Forex market risk along with reward. A trader should calculate risk and reward ratio of a particular trade then he can become a accomplished trader.

Livermore

Trader
Dec 18, 2011
Italy
www.myfxbook.com
my view is a lot of trading methods dont follow trading principles. There can be many methods but there is only few trading principles that the method need to follow in order for the traders to success.

1. Let your profit run - Most of the trading system in the internet take small profit and let loss run
2. Cut your loss - same as the above
3. Money management - how much the trade on a system strongly depend on frequency numbers of trades and the win and lose ratio.
Spot on.

Maria08

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
Hi friends , according to me - investing is forex market is really profitable but you must have excellent knowledge about the market first.

If you are beginner then do not take more risk at one time, try to increase your investment slowly and I'm sure it will be beneficial for you.

All the best and have a nice trading!

Andru

Trader
Oct 17, 2012
Hi friends , according to me - investing is forex market is really profitable but you must have excellent knowledge about the market first.

If you are beginner then do not take more risk at one time, try to increase your investment slowly and I'm sure it will be beneficial for you.

All the best and have a nice trading!

you are exactly right. First of all you should have a fundation knowledges and choose a reliable broker.

trader6

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Forex-metal, my broker has a great resource on basic trading strategies for success. I have read over the suggestions a couple of times to really get a good grasp. I did research it a bit further and the information provided by my broker was spot on. Thank goodness. This definitely makes me feel more confident in trading.