Do You Trade With An MT4 Broker?

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Hey everyone,

I know there are many of us here that trade with an MT4 broker & also many who probably don't. MT4 has several key benefits but other brokers have some good features as well, so I would like to get everyone's opinion on this question:

Do you trade with an MT4 broker ?? If so, what are the main benefits you get by using MT4, if not, why have you chosen not to use an MT4 broker ??

Thanks!!

Sinnerman

Active Trader
Jan 24, 2009
I generally trade longer timeframes (swing - position) so the platform itself doesn't make a huge difference to me as long as I get half-decent charts. What's more important to me is whether the broker will still be around when I'm ready to cash out my 8 month position.

I do find myself using several MT4 brokers though, for various reasons, so I have become accustomed to it. It provides a decent package, but is missing some professional-level features that Currenex, for example, has.

I think MT5 will try to overcome some of these shortcomings, but I haven't heard much about it yet.

daniellefr

Active Trader
Jul 2, 2009
I trade with metatrader 4. I guess, I believe that it is most reliable and provides all the tools needed. I tried more user-friendly platforms too, however personally had some error issues or slow order execution.

Chunnel

Active Trader
Nov 30, 2009
I generally trade longer timeframes (swing - position) so the platform itself doesn't make a huge difference to me as long as I get half-decent charts. What's more important to me is whether the broker will still be around when I'm ready to cash out my 8 month position.

I do find myself using several MT4 brokers though, for various reasons, so I have become accustomed to it. It provides a decent package, but is missing some professional-level features that Currenex, for example, has.

I think MT5 will try to overcome some of these shortcomings, but I haven't heard much about it yet.

Sorry for the offtopic question, but what will be the new things on a mt5 platform?

Am verrycurious about this.

darfx

Active Trader
Dec 3, 2009
casablanca
in my first trade i used MT4 and i liked it, it's easy to use and full of indicators that are easy to use too, i don't have time to get friendly with other terminals, that's why i always chose a MT4 broker

neilboso

Active Trader
Nov 26, 2009
It depends. Sometime i use mt4 for trading. while sometimes i prefer other broker platform.... like Forexyard

Pinalli

Master Trader
Jan 31, 2009
I prefer Manual Trading more than anything. MT4 Trading is less controlled and the human element is always missing in it.

I make my trade decision based on the technical and fundamental analysis which helps me churn my brain. Relying on somebody else for your own money is not a great idea for me.

flame.ghoul

Active Trader
Apr 23, 2010
Yeah, I'm currently trading Forex with PSS on Meta Trader. So far, no complaints.

As long as trading is consistent, with no requotes, I'm good with that.

spraysprak_02

Active Trader
Apr 23, 2010
Thats comforting to know. when your a more experienced trader, you dont need an extravagant looking platform. something simple, fast, consistent and efficient is enuf. perhaps private Scandinavian can be used in that matter.

pandaren_brewmaster

Active Trader
Apr 20, 2010
With all these forex brokers available in the market, it seems that most of them forget the real essence of trading. That is why instead of seeing actual price charts moving, we see an icon of the British pound running. Well, thank god for these brokers like Private Scandinavian, who still offers the same basic function of a forex provider minus the excessive graphics that are just too distracting.

Singapore Trader

Active Trader
Aug 24, 2010
I trade on MT4 and also on etoro platform and avafx platform. MT4 is not better than others. it is more popular and used by many brokers because it is easy to buy when the the brokerage company opens. eToro platform is very featured and easier to use than MT4

AlbertPortsmith

Active Trader
Aug 25, 2010
I use to trade with the MT 4 brokers as they had some very good points to trade with..such as you can create your own indicators and build as well as modify your own studies to develop strategies ,but later i realized more than advantages it had also disadvantages such as expert advisors and indicators to be rewritten and Dealing desks may become fully automated,many times the dealing desks cause an unnecessary delays and eating out some good chances of making money..

So better i trust on the individual brokers ..

Thanks

Weizfx

Trader
Dec 4, 2011
I tried several trading platform and I found that the MT4 is the best for me. First, it is very simple and easy to send orders quickly. I like the advanced charts and the way you can arrange the screens – it is very important that your eyes feel comfortable. In addition, I am interest in automatic trading and MT4 allows you to program your trading techniques, which is great. Unfortunately, MT4 has many benefits, but some brokers don't use it for better performance… So when it comes to MT4 I would suggest Alpari, Sunbirdfx or Oanda. Goodluck!

DiF0r

Active Trader
Dec 16, 2011
I only choose MT4 brokers because I use a few EA's. But for manual trading I don't care on what platform I trade...

Stevenfx

Trader
Oct 30, 2011
It does not matter if your trading platform allows EA or not, the ability of the broker to manipulate trading is not depended on it. If it is a good broker with good reviews you should not have this kind of a problem, though there is not a perfect broker and there could be some slips here and there. In order to avoid this games you need to find a real ECN broker such as Alpari , CMS or Sunbirdfx.

ludwig

Trader
Feb 9, 2012
Poland
MT4 is easy to use. But in my opinion doesnt matter the platform. The important thing is the broker in the background... If the broker is incorrect, you will lose all of your money... If correct, you have the chance to win...