your favorite indicator

HorstSt

Banned
Jul 8, 2014
Hey Guys,

I'm just a begginer in FX market and in everything that connected with it, that's why I would like some help with indicators... Are they useful? Which one is it better to choose, if I need one? And if you use one and love it, could you give me a link

Thank you, for your help in advance!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My favorite standard indicator is ATR (Average True Range) because it allows easy calculation of volatility.

My favorite custom indicator is still under development. It will allow me automatically detect price channels on the chart.

Sean

Banned
Aug 26, 2014
Indicators have basic algorythm in their code and they can be useful only when the market is quiet and presictable. Personally I use MAI, ADX filter and double profit by Max Navis. they are both free and simple in use.

Jonathan!

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 27, 2015
I use many moving average crossovers to determine my buying and sell signals. I use them with other indicators also like the bollinger bands and fibonanacci reitracement. I use them together to create my own strategy.

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
My favorite indicator is the MACD I use it for my buy and sell signals. I learned how to install and use it properly from this video [URL deleted]
In the video you will see clear picture and explanation under the picture explaining how you can use it. For my strategy I also use it with other indicators like the stochastic to create a profitable strategy.

Last edited:

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Useless Indicators

Indicators are categorically useless. -They mean nothing because they lag real time. The market has no real memory that exceeds 4 bars in any time frame . Why 4 bars and not 20 or 30 ? --because most traders whether holding profits or losses, act like scalpers after 30 pips has moved for or against them or cumulatively without direction, and will enter or exit a position on pipettes for or against them. Price action is the only genuine prognosticator that over time has proven to be reliable and repetitive.----I know the foregoiing is controversial and welcome your comments, rejoinders or snide remarks and will respond whenever possible.

Bosschick

Aug 5, 2015
MACD is my favourite because Sometimes your other indicators and even the price chart show you a trader setup, but MACD tells you to wait, and it keeps you from going against the trend and losing money.

sport

Master Trader
Jul 2, 2013
I use this indicator everyday, it gives me updated price spread and expiry time,
enjoy.

Attachments

• TRS.ex4
    3.1 KB · Views: 70

matfx

Active Trader
Braintrend indicator, VoltyStop Indicator, these are my intraday most have indicator.

Chaikin Volatility my favorite volatility measurement indicator.

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo my long term analysis indicator.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Andrew101

Active Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Manchester
My favorite is the MACD that can be used well in trending markets due to its use of moving averages provide a visual display of changes in momentum.