Spread almost 0 in some brokers, what is it?

Gabriel Melo

Mar 25, 2017
Hi everyone, everything ok?

I've been studying forex for a few weeks, and I came across some brokers who offer the Spread at practically 0 points, but they charge a fee per transaction, something like a commission.

I found two brokerages that do this: FxPro and IcMarkets

So, could anyone tell me what this is, and if you would advise me to operate that way?

At ICmarkets you can check out the True ECN Account, and at FxPro you can check out the FxPro Trader system (almost 0 spread).

If anyone knows what it is, could you tell me the name of this type of negotiation?

Thank you!

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
Hi everyone, everything ok?

I've been studying forex for a few weeks, and I came across some brokers who offer the Spread at practically 0 points, but they charge a fee per transaction, something like a commission.

I found two brokerages that do this: FxPro and IcMarkets

So, could anyone tell me what this is, and if you would advise me to operate that way?

At ICmarkets you can check out the True ECN Account, and at FxPro you can check out the FxPro Trader system (almost 0 spread).

If anyone knows what it is, could you tell me the name of this type of negotiation?

Thank you!

I also see many brokers offering 0 spread, and normally they should have charged you commission for raw spreads. So please pay attention to the commissions you get for trading.

• 👍
Reactions: Ketrama Rinok

Lukas Schmidt

Trader
Jun 27, 2016
Brokers that offer accounts with such low spreads charge you commission, because they don't profit from 0-0.1 spread. So if you get 0 spread but the broker charges you $6 per lot commission - it's more or less the same as when pay 0.6 pips spread per lot

• 👍
Reactions: Ketrama Rinok

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
Brokers that offer accounts with such low spreads charge you commission, because they don't profit from 0-0.1 spread. So if you get 0 spread but the broker charges you $6 per lot commission - it's more or less the same as when pay 0.6 pips spread per lot
Indeed, but some brokers only charge $4/lot, it's better than $6/lot.

smitit

Apr 5, 2017
I think this account type is quiet common and suitable for scalpers. Brokers like Vantage and Yadix also have similar accounts. The spread is same spread as the broker gets from the liquidity.

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
Nothing is free, especially in forex, if you are a scalper then you would stick to these accounts.

jameswilliam

Trader
Jan 31, 2017
Zero spread accounts are pretty common these days. they come with an added commission. I trade with finpro trading they have spreads from 0 pips and a nominal commission charge.

hyper.trader

Apr 12, 2017
hello,
Generally, in pure ECN accounts, you will see such raw spreads starting from 0.0 pips however they will charge some commission based on the volume you have traded. Some offer $4, some offer $6 and infact I have also seen the brokers offering $2 RT commission structure. In my view, paying commission is better than paying spread.

s.taylor

Apr 6, 2017
I also agree with the previous replies, paying commission is far better than paying high spreads. Pure ECN brokers charge a nominal amount of commission but their spreads are the least even starting from 0 pips on major pairs.