s-constant Range Bars EX4

Terry7

Trader
Mar 20, 2013
Hi, I set up the s-constant Range Bars EX4 in scripts, apply it to the chart on 1M and all is fine. I then make my M2 file using my own template and the range bars work fine. Only problem is that once you come off MetaTrader 4 and log back on the M2 file will no longer work?

Only way I can get it to work again is to delete the 1M and 2M file and load them again each time which is a right pain. The EX4 file is a Metaquotes Software so it is one of their own I assume. Anybody any idea how to keep it working to save having to install it each time?

Thanks

Terry7

Trader
Mar 20, 2013
S.constant Range Bars

Hi, To make the M2 file I open the same currency from the chart 'off line'. Once I have opened it I then add my own template to the M2 File. It works fine. After playing around for a while I have found that it only the M1 file that stops when I move away from the chart. It then says Range Bars Stopped. If I put the S constant range bars back onto the M1 chart it will match up with the M2 and start again. Thing is when you have several of these charts up it is a bind to have to do this every time. I have attached the s constant range bar Ex4 as requested. Thanks for your help with this.

Attachments

• s-Constant Range Bars.ex4
    15.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 👍
Reactions: Kayode Adesina

lowryder

Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Range bars are like Renko blocks

When you set them up,you set the time frame different for each pair, you use, eg 2 4 6 8 10 12 for the six majors, don't delete the first 1min chart, when you open the off line chart then you will see the brick formation

Terry7

Trader
Mar 20, 2013
Thanks. I will try that but I notice with only the one pair up - EUR/USD M1 & M2 if I come off the profile the range bars will still stop. I don't delete the M1 file it is always there next to the M2. It is easy to drag the range bars back onto the M1 file but if I have 7 - 8 pairs it is a pain.