MT4 Script to add horizontal lines

kerplunk

Jul 19, 2021
I have been looking all over the web - but can't seem to find - a script that would add lines to a chart based on specific prices that I would enter but specific to a currency pair.

For example:
{the numbers are only examples and mean nothing except to me and I would change them periodically presumably by editing the script but even better if it read it from a source file somewhere},

For AUDUSD (or AUDUSD.a) place a horizontal line at 0.77251, 0.77703, 0.65401
For EURUSD (or EURUSD.a) place a horizontal line at 1.18005, 1.18164
etc

Even better would be if I could specify the line colour and/or solid, dashed etc for some of them, eg for above would be:
For AUDUSD (or AUDUSD.a) place a red solid horizontal line at 0.77251, 0.65401 and a green dashed line at 0.77703.

The actual reason I am looking for this is I want to mark support and resistance on the chart, and be able to quickly reapply it to a chart when I change a chart's template without creating a unique template for each variation of currency and template type - the list could easy grow to be huge.

Thank you to anybody who can point me in the right direction or help me out.

Thanks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
But how would using that script be any faster than adding those lines manually on the chart?
If you apply some template that would delete those lines, you would have to re-attach the script and re-enter all the values.
Am I missing something?