indicators we use

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Hi, Hayseed.
Could you make a video how to do a multi-timeframes scanner for Optimization expert?
//----

hey fracero..... i'm not clear on what you mean..... the strategy tester itself is far better for the optimization of an expert advisor....

multi timeframe multi pair scanners like i have been takin about lately or more for finding current signals than optimization.....

they can also be used for data mining applications..... which is really my main use of them......h

blackbell

Trader
Feb 23, 2021
Hi Hayseed, you are awesome. the EMA 34 Hi Lo is best combined with SnD strategy, we can filter out which zone is solid to trade by confluence factor. but i wanna know how do you set you SL and TP personally?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Hi Hayseed, you are awesome. the EMA 34 Hi Lo is best combined with SnD strategy, we can filter out which zone is solid to trade by confluence factor. but i wanna know how do you set you SL and TP personally?
//-----

hey blackbell..... thanks,,,,

i use oanda...... now days here in the states using them, you almost can't use sl and tp unless all your orders are differing sizes.....

if you have two or more trades the same size they will not allow any targets on those orders..... they started this a few years ago.....

prior to that i would use multiples of the daily atr..... a variety of things set that multiple..... and it might be different for short or long.....

such as the positioning of large specs in the cot report..... as example, if the large specs were long the euro, my eurusd buys might have twice the targets of a eurusd short.... my thoughts were they might help push my buy up further than average.... and likely swat my sell......

it might be just my imagination, but seems success rate drops when i trade against them.....
//-----

what is a SnD strategy...... h

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
i'll be going thru a very old laptop looking for anything that might be useful..... mostly just indicators for specific purposes.....

here is the bagovino bars..... bagovino had posted a system on forexfactory probably 15 years ago .....

maybe it will be helpful to someone.....h
//-----

//-----

Attachments

• Bagvino Bars.mq4
    5.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Bagvino Bars.ex4
    21.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 👍
Reactions: TradeChaser

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
something written for code works thread..... atr wave.....

creates a wave equal distance from a moving average using atr..... moving average periods is adjustable....

the atr's period and timeframe are adjustable..... the atrfactor is the multiple of atr.....

alerts non stop if price falls below or rises above the wave while alerts setting is true......

possibly of value to someone.....h
//----
gbpusd-h1-oanda-division1-wave.png

Attachments

• atr wave.ex4
    16.5 KB · Views: 8
  • atr wave.mq4
    6.7 KB · Views: 12
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
//----

just occurred to me a fillbands true or false option might be needed.... just in case someone wanted the wave without the fill between......h

//------

Attachments

• atr wave.mq4
    6.8 KB · Views: 13
  • atr wave.ex4
    17.1 KB · Views: 7

TheGMan

Active Trader
Sep 25, 2011

creates a wave equal distance from a moving average using atr..... moving average periods is adjustable....

the atr's period and timeframe are adjustable..... the atrfactor is the multiple of atr.....

alerts non stop if price falls below or rises above the wave while alerts setting is true......

possibly of value to someone.....h
//----
gbpusd-h1-oanda-division1-wave.png

Thanks Hayseed

Can you share your settings my wave is much thinner than yours.

Attachments

• atr ej.png
    atr ej.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 5

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Thanks Hayseed

Can you share your settings my wave is much thinner than yours.
//----

the settings to adjust the bands are the timeperiod and the atrfactor.....

my chart might have been the 60 minute but the atr band timeframe was maybe the 1440...... you can also adjust the band by changing the atrfactor..... setting it to 3 would triple the width......

should have made a video to explain..... i know things like that can be difficult to figure out.....h

TheGMan

Active Trader
Sep 25, 2011
//----

the settings to adjust the bands are the timeperiod and the atrfactor.....

my chart might have been the 60 minute but the atr band timeframe was maybe the 1440...... you can also adjust the band by changing the atrfactor..... setting it to 3 would triple the width......

should have made a video to explain..... i know things like that can be difficult to figure out.....h
Thank you for the quick reply!

G

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
hey wng..... finally had time to look for it..... tend to code a lot but quickly put it aside...... once it's put aside, it's a goner.....

needs the coppock curve, and qqe......

the symbols ride the alma..... you can easily change that.....

this was one of the many simple things i wrote for peyton when she was 4 or 5..... kids might have trouble understanding lines and levels, but give the colored symbols and most could out trade us......

they have not yet learned how to spell bias.....h
//----

eurcad-m15-oanda-division1.png

//-----

usdjpy-m5-oanda-division1.png

//-----

Attachments

• QQE.ex4
    14.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Peytons Diamonds.mq4
    7.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Peytons Diamonds.ex4
    12.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Coppock curve.mq4
    7.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Coppock curve.ex4
    25 KB · Views: 13
  • alma.mq4
    14.7 KB · Views: 20
  • alma.ex4
    16.6 KB · Views: 11
  • QQE.mq4
    10.1 KB · Views: 21

Johnere

Trader
Jun 28, 2022
Your kids are lucky to have a great dad. Are those arrows on the second image related? Multiple diamonds on 2nd image are MTF? Thanks a lot!

wng