How much do you trust your own trading strategy?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
There are numerous reasons that can get in the way of becoming a profitable trader, not trusting yourself and your own trading strategy is one of the big ones. How often you are not following your own trading strategy?

Pionex

Trader
May 5, 2014
I trade in different strategies with indicators and patterns. I don’t think that here is anything about trust. I think before order that it will be better for this trade in this time and then I apply it. I make loss or profit that’s not matter. But when I open a trade, I think I fully trust my strategy. What will happen next, that is not matter!

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
different market situation needs different strategies, and if you have have studied the market well, you are going to trust you strategies.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
That's a loaded question, let me see - I would trust my strategy to work about 70% of the time..but as another poster made the point, by the time It comes to applying it, I'm all in..

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
Well it is important to trust own strategy but also with time change it and make it better when required. you should backtest your strategy and see the results before you go real.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
Well it is important to trust own strategy but also with time change it and make it better when required. you should backtest your strategy and see the results before you go real.

Back testing consumes lot of time, and sometimes you miss out right time to enter or exit market.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
as much as possible i stick the strategy, unless things get a bit complicated then i bail out with min loses or min profit :D I love my strategy (which is pretty much basic) but i cant say i fully trust it

shl2412

Banned
May 22, 2014
Pakistan
There are numerous reasons that can get in the way of becoming a profitable trader, not trusting yourself and your own trading strategy is one of the big ones. How often you are not following your own trading strategy?

Of course i am doing forex trading from my trading strategy and i earn good money from my trading strategy and this strategy i applied this strategy on my demo and then i applied it on my live account due to this i trust on my strategy.

ClueBox

Trader
May 28, 2014
Of course, I trust my trading strat and if I don't I won't be doing trading. But still it depends since forex is fast changing and some strategy may not work at the moments market movement.