How investitors with a lot of money do they push the price up or down?

lucacrebbe

Active Trader
Jun 26, 2017
Sorry this question is regarding the understanding of how big investtors can push the price of stocks or Crypto , up or down.

I am new into crypto and stock's trading.

Basically if there is more selling pressure than buying pressure the price goes down

Does it work in this way

So for example if I go into an exange and I place a buy order of size of 20k on a small market cap coin, it will pump up?

How does it work?

I just want to know the mechainism, I just want to now how does it work, because it is a concept that I don't nderstand...

If one whale is going to push up artificially the price up, what should he do?

He should put a buy big buy order at the market price, or just a little bit lower, and then delete it?

What happens if there is no liquidity to eat that order?

Let's suppose a guy with big money wants to push the price up of 30%, what should he do?

He will put a big buy order and then? He will wait for what? For his order to get filled? For the order to delete?

Lesiro

Trader
Mar 4, 2018
The modus operandi is pretty simple. They purchase any and every sell order available in the market. This pushes up the price and creates a buzz. More people start buying in the frenzy, pushing up the price again. When the big money realizes this is all he could do, he sells everything that he had bought resulting in price crash. While he has made neat profit, others who had bought in the frenzy are left high and dry.

ambitionfx

Active Trader
Jul 1, 2015
I don't know how rich investor control the price of majors but I know they can do it with crypto as bitcoin. Because Bitcoin is not large and they can give money to medias to vamp us. It's how bitcoin hike to 19k USD then back to 8k in a few months.

OscarR

Trader
Apr 20, 2023
Sorry this question is regarding the understanding of how big investtors can push the price of stocks or Crypto , up or down.

I am new into crypto and stock's trading.

Basically if there is more selling pressure than buying pressure the price goes down

Does it work in this way

So for example if I go into an exange and I place a buy order of size of 20k on a small market cap coin, it will pump up?

How does it work?

I just want to know the mechainism, I just want to now how does it work, because it is a concept that I don't nderstand...

If one whale is going to push up artificially the price up, what should he do?

He should put a buy big buy order at the market price, or just a little bit lower, and then delete it?

What happens if there is no liquidity to eat that order?

Let's suppose a guy with big money wants to push the price up of 30%, what should he do?

He will put a big buy order and then? He will wait for what? For his order to get filled? For the order to delete?
Large investors can influence stock and crypto prices through their significant buying or selling actions,.