help needed in coding my system in MT4...!

linkon7

Trader
Dec 29, 2012
I am a full time trader trading in the Indian Market. I use amibroker for my TA and can code my trade logic on that platform.

I recently opened a forex account with exness who seems to offer mt4 platform only. I need help in coding my system in mt4.

I can discuss the thought process and means to achieve that on the platform. But i need some kind soul to put that thought process into codes.

thanks...!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
If your system is not too complex and you are acquainted with coding, it is not that hard to code it yourself in MQL4 as the language is quite simple and intuitive, while the learning materials are abundant for it. A good start would be to define whether you want an indicator or an automated expert advisor.

linkon7

Trader
Dec 29, 2012
If your system is not too complex and you are acquainted with coding, it is not that hard to code it yourself in MQL4 as the language is quite simple and intuitive, while the learning materials are abundant for it. A good start would be to define whether you want an indicator or an automated expert advisor.

Amibroker is very popular in India and i got a lot of help from fellow traders / analyst in learning to code my thought process. Since forex trading is a new foray into an unknown grey area with a new platform, learning to code in mt4 will require a lot of hand holding.

I don't want to code an EA yet. Frankly dont trust same EA to succeed in various phases of the market. If i intend to fade extreme or enter on retracement or just chase momentum, it's upto my interpretation of the phase of the market. Each phase has an ideal approach in terms of money management and style of trading.

I prefer all the info i need to be there on the chart itself.

I am sure, there are plenty of good coders here looking for an edge in the market. Maybe, it'll be a mutually beneficial en devour....!

Thanks...!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
OK. Some suggestions:

1. You might want it to be coded in MQL5 (for MT5) since there is a lot more features available for indicators there. And yours looks quite complex too me.

2. It may be a good idea to break down your indicator into several separate ones before coding them. If there are any independent parts of course.

3. Try explaining your indicator in details and perhaps someone will get interested enough to code it.

linkon7

Trader
Dec 29, 2012
OK. Some suggestions:

1. You might want it to be coded in MQL5 (for MT5) since there is a lot more features available for indicators there. And yours looks quite complex too me.

2. It may be a good idea to break down your indicator into several separate ones before coding them. If there are any independent parts of course.

3. Try explaining your indicator in details and perhaps someone will get interested enough to code it.

The system does appear complex because it has 3 different trading style integrated into one, each style with its own money management and trade management.

Like there is a scalping method integrated with this system that works with very high strike rate... I had opened a demo account with exness and the result was fairly satisfactory

https://www.exness.com/monitor/trial_account/310470

We will have to develop the system into modules and then finally integrate them into one system. Since i designed the system from the scratch and am trading it for few years now, i feel very comfortable with the system. A coder of mt4 will need to be guided every step of the way and the outcome's progress needs to be monitored.

I have a data extractor in mt4 that extracts data from mt4 and feeds it to amibroker. So my preference remains mt4. Problem is.. the extractor is not very stable and leaves a lot of price gaps sometimes.