Help 4 Struggling Trader System

pipsaholic

Trader
Jun 2, 2011
Hi,

I am looking for some advice from some more experienced trader to improve on my trading system/rules. I have removed a lot of indicators from my system and I am designing my own based on the past 9 months experience in learning and experimenting.

Please review and add or take away what you feel may benefit my system.

Please see attachment .doc

Attachments

• DAILY TRADING RULES.doc
    29 KB · Views: 26

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
Big thumbs up for asking for help and posting your trading criteria Pipsaholic. I respect anyone who posts their trade criteria and asks for help or posts actual trades. In my opinion i think you have to much analysis. If I were to frame this it would be. 1- Stick to obvious S/R for areas of interest, this is where you will be able to succesfully capture momentum. 2-Align the S/R with round numbers, this will also help place your positions with larger order flow. 1&2 should be the structure of 'where' you trade. You will start anticipating price movements approaching these areas, instead of chasing movements around the charts. Use the other stuff as confluence 'only'(fibs, trends, MA's, patterns, double tops/bottoms, wave analysis). These things can help 'indicate' what you are already anticipating via your S/R analysis, pick the most valuable and trash the rest. Enter on a pinbar or outside bar, this is the real time price telling you that your analysis of S/R & confluence is most likely correct and will atleast put you into profit alittle to reduce your risk. Last but not least move your timeframe up I suggest 1H and 4H but move it atleast to 30M and 1H, larger timeframes are more stable with S/R+round numbers. The 15&30M price hovers around before moving away and can produce many false trades. Contrary to belief it is very very boring when you are trading succesfully, remember the market pays us to sit on our hands, trade like a sniper not like a machine-gunner.