Forums vs. Blogs vs. Chat Rooms

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Everyone knows there's a wealth of information in forums, especially when it comes to making money. But what about blogs & chat rooms??

In your opinion, which is the best source for finding quality information regarding earning money, forums, blogs or chat rooms & why ??

I look forward to hearing everyone's take on this :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Blogs are nice but they aren't perfectly fit for the discussions. And as for the chat rooms - I find them kind of useless. Chat rooms often turn to off-topic with a large rate of useless messages per second.

andy003

Master Trader
Jan 7, 2009
I have always found forums to be great online resource almost all the time-be it forex or any other topic for that matter.Also forums encourage participation which is crucial for understanding a topic.
Blogs are more about expressing personal viewpoints etc.
And chat rooms are just that-place for chit-chat.
Forums are definitely my favorite place for learning and sharing.

wayne43

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2009
simple...forums is the greatest online resources... many things you do not expect you can find it in forums...;)

Sinnerman

Active Trader
Jan 24, 2009
simple...forums is the greatest online resources... many things you do not expect you can find it in forums...;)
I'm not sure if it's the "greatest" online resource, but I certainly have found a lot of useful info. I just wish that people could be more civil and hold back on the flaming which seems to be very prevalent in a lot of forums. I think that results from the anonymity associated with the internet - you can't lose face if no one can see your face.

Anyway, I think forums are the best resource out of the 3 mentioned. Although it sometimes takes a bit of digging to find exactly what you want, you can find information on anything from manual virus removal to tips on growing pot, to song lyrics, to the latest theory on chem trails and so on...

Just as a counter question, can you think of any common problem that you can't find a solution to in a forum? Give it a try.

andy003

Master Trader
Jan 7, 2009
Blogs are nice but they aren't perfectly fit for the discussions. And as for the chat rooms - I find them kind of useless. Chat rooms often turn to off-topic with a large rate of useless messages per second.

Chat rooms can be good resource when moderated, for news comers especially.

subhaikav

Active Trader
Jul 6, 2009
Forum is always the better place to communicate well, where as it is not much possible in blogs and chat rooms.

Forexplayer

Active Trader
Aug 12, 2009
Croatia
www.forex-robot-advice.com
I have to agree with most of the above posters.

Blogs = people writing stuff from their own point of view. The goal with the blog is to make money (advertisment and such). All articles will be written from a search engine optimization point of view.
Chat = people writing with 'ur' instead of 'you're' and not giving too much attention to posting quality info.
Forums = people taking their time to write good solid info.

Basically, you can become an expert in any field just by lurking on that niche's forums for a few months.

miskec

Active Trader
Mar 16, 2009
All of this is equally useful and should be used. Everything has its purpose and should be used in that manner

Staris

Active Trader
Aug 12, 2009
Forums are the best ones they could be used for almost anything and blogs come in second though its harder to communicate but chat rooms are useless in your case.

gnike

Trader
Feb 13, 2011
I prefer joining forums. But chat rooms can also be a choice. As long as it is an interactive tool, I'd grab it.

charmaine

Trader
Jul 9, 2012
Making some money from the blog. Every day, more people are launching their own websites. Many of those people do so through simple blogging sites that utilize website content management systems.