Forex Demo accounts are they easy on purpose?

• Thread starter ForexGreyBear
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
F

ForexGreyBear

Hey everyone.

I have been using a Demo account for the past couple of days, one from FXCM and I was wondering are they purposely easy so that they lure you in to trading in real cash?

Also what are the differences between a demo and a real account and what do you have to look for?

Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I don't quite understand your first question. As for the second one, the difference for a demon and a real account is that with real you trade real cash, while demo is trading with virtual money for practice. Also, execution for real accounts can usually be worse than for demo accounts.

ChartSecret

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2009
www.chartsecret.com
There are 2 main differences:
1. Psychological. When you trade demo account you are less susceptible to psychological barriers that limit people from profiting in trading. These include fear, inability to stick to trading plan, inability to cut losses, inability to ride profits, etc. When trading in demo account there is no real risk so you are more confident then you actually are.

2. Technical. Sometimes orders will be filled automatically in Demo trading, whereas in real trading you might get other fills or enter late. This is mainly in scam brokers - in IBFX or any trusted brokers you will rarely find such anomalies in quotes.

Sep 5, 2009
They are not easy on purpose. Frankly I don't know many people who get profitable even on demo.. however, on demo you have more margin for error and you ALLOW yourself to enter positions you'd never try in real accounts. This is why many beginners take highly-leveraged position, make a bucket of cash which causes them to think they are some kind of trading heroes -> They open real account with a large portion of they free cash and LOSE everything.

So basically, try to evaluate yourself in longer timeframes. If you have made after 50 trades with SAME lot size, you are probably a good trader. I won't go into any statistics here but basically you can win even 100 consecutive trades and still lose everything in the long term...

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Sometimes I think brokers make their demo account very easy on purpose. Demo's can be great tools but it always seems people make more money in demos than on real live accounts...

Forex247

Active Trader
Sep 14, 2009
I do not think demo account are purposely made easy. They give the same quotes as real accounts do. At least with the demo accounts I ever had they did. The difference is the demo is loaded with fake money as if it were real. They allow a trader to learn Forex and become experienced and also they are great for testing trading methods or expert advisors. The only other thing that may be different between the two accounts are the quality of order executions.

judge

Active Trader
Oct 31, 2009
I agree with u all on the demo amd real. Is annoying to see your little profit go into the thing air while you i trying to close an order due to poor execution or is it tricks?
Pls,appeal to brokers to be faithful and responsive.
Fxexpert,pls,i ithink that automoney stuf is not working but has costed me.
i subscribed for full month under intraday but it failed me big time. is not working pls.

Last edited:

alessio09

Master Trader
Jun 9, 2009
Demo Accounts

Demo accounts are designed to train trading skills, to master your Forex strategies. You need about 2 months to practice. Sometimes it may take longer.

With Forex Limited you may set up an unlimited edition and to practice as long as you need it.

igalco14

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2009
The truth about demo acounts

the truth is that this accounts have one reason to make you feel that you can make money, once going live the broker is changing the plan and removing trades or changing the spreads and many more tricks to scam you.
I heared about one Expert that is going under the Broker Rader and stopping him from cheating you.
If you want more details please contact me i would be more then happey to help.