Are You Gambling or Trading? Think about this.

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
The decision whether to trade or spreadbet is IMO down to your location ... Spreadbetting is only available in certain countries ... I reside in the UK where it is allowed (Thank you, Gordon Brown)

Why would you pay taxes on your profits if you don't have to ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Remember what happened to AL Capone ... Jailed for Tax Avoidance

Last edited by a moderator:

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
Gambling implies you understand that long-term odds are not in your favor but you still want to try your luck. Also in gambling you tend to bet on unlikely outcomes expecting huge gains. In trading you can fine-tune how much risk you take using leverage, position size and stop orders.

• 👍
Reactions: Maverick

Ara

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
If you really want to make consistent money in the forex market, your methods had better be professional and extremely disciplined.No guess work

Smart trading involves executing a plan. Do you have a plan? If not, then the hard truth is you are gambling.

Gambling is nothing more than buying or selling with the hope that you are right. So in my opinion, it is very very important that you trade smart. Have a plan and execute that plan.

Every trader must learn to recognize which is which. In your trading style, are you gamling? Or Are you trading smart?:)
Absolutely, having a solid plan and sticking to it is crucial in forex trading. I've learned that discipline and a professional approach are non-negotiable if you're aiming for consistent success. You're right; without a plan, it's essentially gambling, relying on luck rather than strategy. My trading style revolves around rigorous analysis, risk management, and following a well-thought-out plan. It's about making informed decisions based on data, not just a hunch. This mindset shift from hoping to strategizing has been a game-changer for me. So, to answer your question, I'm definitely trading smart, not gambling.

Phill88

Trader
Dec 17, 2023
Germany
Well, technically, aren't we all just playing a really intense game of "Financial Chess"? But seriously, it's all about strategy, discipline, and calculated risks, not just rolling the dice and hoping for the best.

Hase

Trader
Oct 7, 2021
gambling on forex only xd no chance to win, only longplay 1:1 can be a win startegy
*but news trading can be profitable