MetaQuotes has spurred my development process, forcing me to release the next version of the Position Size Calculator indicator much faster than I had intended to. Their latest changes to both MT4 and MT5 platforms prevented compilation of the PSC source code due to new way the string variables must be compared. Luckily, I think I had enough time to test my other changes too, and now I am able to offer an interesting update to my favorite calculator:
- The panel will now scale itself for proper display on
high-resolutionscreens (4K, Retina, etc.). The feature is still in a test mode, so let me know if the panel looks ugly on your monitor.
- Script tab now allows input of the Magic number and commentary for your trades:
- There should not be any compilation errors when compiling the indicator in latest builds of MetaTrader 4 (1031) and MetaTrader 5 (1495).
- The previous version would sometimes display the nominal swap rate in the Swaps tab with 100 decimal places. Now it should display as many as are really required.
- HideAccSize input parameter is returning to the indicator. You can use it to hide the balance display and balance type change button:
- Working with PSC via templates is now easier — you can set default risk and order type using the input parameters. Also the entry and
stop-losswill be reset when you apply the template to a new chart.
If you still prefer not to use MetaTrader, you can opt for the web version of the position size calculator. Unfortunately, it lacks the most interesting features of the MetaTrader version.
If you have any suggestions or wish to report a bug for this MetaTrader indicator, please do so using the commentary form below.