RajkoK

Mar 19, 2024
Hello,
For daily trading, I use the NNFX strategy based on the ATR indicator.
It is about opening two positions with SL 1.5 ATR and TP1 1.0 ATR and TP2 open. When the price reaches TP 1, the position is closed and at the same time BE is applied, leaving TP 2 open.
I thought I understood how to set up the Position Sizer but I'm not happy with how it works because it doesn't seem to work as I expected.
Can someone help me, because there are many possible settings in Position Sizer, but not all of them are intended for the NNFX strategy.
Thank you for your reply and greetings from Slovenia

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,
It is about opening two positions with SL 1.5 ATR and TP1 1.0 ATR and TP2 open. When the price reaches TP 1, the position is closed and at the same time BE is applied, leaving TP 2 open.
I thought I understood how to set up the Position Sizer but I'm not happy with how it works because it doesn't seem to work as I expected.
Can someone help me, because there are many possible settings in Position Sizer, but not all of them are intended for the NNFX strategy.
What exactly do you need help with?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hello,
This EA is to help traders calculate and place the risk reward managed orders. To create trading bot you need to consult a programmer.

BR

Ally808

Trader
Mar 28, 2024
Hello,

I'm using the latest MT5 download. Thank you for providing this valuable tool. I'm trading US100 on one account and NAS100 on another. The contract size is 20 and 1 respectively. They are on different brokers. Does the ea intuit what size my lot should be based on my risk % and number of points settings? Or is there an input for the contract size?
Post automatically merged:

Hello,

I'm using the latest MT5 download. Thank you for providing this valuable tool. I'm trading US100 on one account and NAS100 on another. The contract size is 20 and 1 respectively. They are on different brokers. Does the ea intuit what size my lot should be based on my risk % and number of points settings? Or is there an input for the contract size?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

It should take the contract size into account automatically. In rare cases, when the broker's server isn't configured properly, it may fail to calculate the position size properly.

XV.VI

Trader
Mar 28, 2024
Heyo!

I`ve got an issue with placing instant orders. I can't place a trade with less than 5 pip stop loss. Everything that`s above 5 pips for forrex pairs works fine. It`s a major problem for a scalper. And on Gold with Nasdaq it`s +/- 10 pips, can't enter a trade with less. I`m getting some kinda error about not having enough money, even tho that`s not it.

P.S
I`m using raw spread account from IcMarkets and the spreads there are almost non existent.

Attachments

• cant execute trade.PNG
    cant execute trade.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Heyo!

I`ve got an issue with placing instant orders. I can't place a trade with less than 5 pip stop loss. Everything that`s above 5 pips for forrex pairs works fine. It`s a major problem for a scalper. And on Gold with Nasdaq it`s +/- 10 pips, can't enter a trade with less. I`m getting some kinda error about not having enough money, even tho that`s not it.

P.S
I`m using raw spread account from IcMarkets and the spreads there are almost non existent.
Could you please provide a full-chart screenshot with the Main tab of the Position Sizer visible? Also, it would really help to see all the messages generated by the Position Sizer (in the Experts tab) when the trade fails.

XV.VI

Trader
Mar 28, 2024
Could you please provide a full-chart screenshot with the Main tab of the Position Sizer visible? Also, it would really help to see all the messages generated by the Position Sizer (in the Experts tab) when the trade fails.
Hola, thanks for the quick response. Here You go.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    384.9 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hola, thanks for the quick response. Here You go.
It looks like your account doesn't have enough margin to open that trade. You are encountering this issue because the closer your stop-loss is to the entry, the bigger you position can be while retaining the same risk. But it also means that you need more and more margin the closer your SL gets to the entry.

XV.VI

Trader
Mar 28, 2024
It looks like your account doesn't have enough margin to open that trade. You are encountering this issue because the closer your stop-loss is to the entry, the bigger you position can be while retaining the same risk. But it also means that you need more and more margin the closer your SL gets to the entry.
Thank You very much, mate! I`m a newbie when it comes to trading, just checked out the margins and it worked straight away, placed a trade with 2 pip SL. Bless You and have a dopeass day!

Mar 28, 2024
Hi the Position size EA is constantly making my chart freeze on MT5 and I have to log out then log back in to make it unfreeze, happens on all brokers I use with MT5

I know this has caused it as when I remove the EA from my chart it does not freeze, is there anyway I can fix this? thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi the Position size EA is constantly making my chart freeze on MT5 and I have to log out then log back in to make it unfreeze, happens on all brokers I use with MT5

I know this has caused it as when I remove the EA from my chart it does not freeze, is there anyway I can fix this? thanks
Is that on default setup or do you modify the input parameters?
Do you have many trades running?

Mar 28, 2024
Is that on default setup or do you modify the input parameters?
Do you have many trades running?

All on default settings I haven’t modified anything from when I installed it.

it happens before I even have any trades running,

it happens anytime the EA is loaded to my chart and this happens with 3 different brokers/MT5 platforms.

Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
All on default settings I haven’t modified anything from when I installed it.

it happens before I even have any trades running,

it happens anytime the EA is loaded to my chart and this happens with 3 different brokers/MT5 platforms.

Thanks
What operating system are you using?
Which build of MT5?
Did you download the source files and compiled them or did you download an already compiled .ex5?

Mar 28, 2024
What operating system are you using?
Which build of MT5?
Did you download the source files and compiled them or did you download an already compiled .ex5?
MT5 client terminal just the one I download from brokers don’t really know how to find the build.

I just copied your video guide, download the file and compiled the position sizer file like the video says.

It also happens on my laptop as well as my PC.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
MT5 client terminal just the one I download from brokers don’t really know how to find the build.

I just copied your video guide, download the file and compiled the position sizer file like the video says.

It also happens on my laptop as well as my PC.
You can check your MT5 Build via Help->About.
Screenshot 2024-03-29 085545.png

Jakey88

Trader
Sep 6, 2022
Yes, of course:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-scripts/close-all-orders/
For example, you can save a copy of it (e.g., close_all_profitable_current.mq4), easily modify it to work only with profitable trades on the current symbol, and disable input parameters dialog. That way, you have script that you can set a hotkey to and be able to close all profitable trades for the current trading instrument nearly instantly.
Amazing. Thank you.

DanielC78

Trader
Mar 19, 2024
Hello,

Could it be possible to add a TP multiplier for SL value, for a second TP please? I would like to setup 1 TP at 2RR and another one at 4RR automatically.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

Could it be possible to add a TP multiplier for SL value, for a second TP please? I would like to setup 1 TP at 2RR and another one at 4RR automatically.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel
If you use the TP multiplier button for your main SL, you can then use the << and >> buttons on the Trading tab to set the remaining TPs as multiples.

DanielC78

Trader
Mar 19, 2024
If you use the TP multiplier button for your main SL, you can then use the << and >> buttons on the Trading tab to set the remaining TPs as multiples.
Ok thanks, I was not aware of this feature. In fact, it gave me only 0.5 or 2 multiplier value and it's not adjusting automatically when price move, for example when you want to place a market order and not a limit order.