Serving Traders Since 2005
Pin Bar Forex Strategy
Pin Bar is a popular Forex strategy which is based on the particular candlestick pattern. You can use this strategy on any major pairs and timeframe. Using longer-term timeframes would be more logical though. I advise 1H, 4H or daily charts. The “Pinbar” pattern was first introduced by Martin Pring.
Bearish Ping-Bar Pattern:
The pattern consists of three bars: the left eye, the nose and the right eye. The left eye should be a bar up. The nose bar should open and close inside the left eye, but its high should bulge much farther than the left eye's high. Both the nose bar's open and close should be located in the bottom. The right eye is where the trading happens. If you see this formation near a strong resistance level, you may think that the chance of being successful would be higher. Please have a look at the charts below:
Refer the figure-1 from attachments:
Bullish Ping-Bar Pattern:
The left eye should be a bar down. The nose bar should open and close inside the left eye, but its low should bulge much farther than the left eye's low. Both the nose bar's open and close should be located in the top 1/4 of the bar. Again, the right eye is where the trading happens. If you see this formation near a strong support level, you may think that the chance of being successful would be higher.
Aggressive Entry and Exit Conditions:
1. Aggressive entry option is to enter a position when in the right eye price retreats behind the left eye's close level.
2. Aggressive take-profit level may be placed farther (to the next strong support level, resistance for bullish positions)
3. Set stop-loss to behind the nose bar point (in this case, your reward/risk ratio may suffer).
Conservative Entry and Exit Conditions:
1. Conservative entry point is below (above for bullish set-up) the nose bar.
2. Conservative stop-loss can be set behind the nearest support/resistance level behind the eyes.
3. Conservative take-profit can be set immediately after the left eye low (high for the bullish set-up).
Please check the charts below to see real examples on GBP/USD:
Refer the figure2 from attachments:
|forex analsis, forex applications, forex news, forex strategies, forex tools|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Forex Gap Strategy||Enivid||Trading Systems and Strategies||44||8th May 2013 23:25|
|I am new to forex strategy I recommend following||ventasrokasa||Newbie Questions||20||20th May 2012 15:05|
|The best forex strategy||jJR||Trading Systems and Strategies||27||15th May 2012 10:52|
|Forex trading strategy||Eugene||Trading Systems and Strategies||1||13th March 2012 07:51|
|forex Strategy||rozal||Advertisements||0||19th January 2009 11:08|