MACD Multi-Timeframe (MTF) Indicator for MT4
Moving Average Convergence Divergence is a very old technical indicator, however, it is still one of the most popular today. With MT4 MACD Multi-Timeframe (MTF), you can see the status of the indicator across multiple timeframes in one table. This can be helpful when you want to have a better understanding of the overall price situation.
What Is MT4 MACD Multi-Timeframe Indicator?
MACD Multi-Timeframe (MTF) is a great indicator to see the overall trend of an instrument in MetaTrader 4 platform.
With this indicator, you can see the status of Moving Average Convergence Divergence for all timeframes in one chart.
The indicator shows a simple table where for each timeframe, you can see the respective MACD trend.
On the chart, you can also see whether MACD is currently gaining or losing momentum across all timeframes.
Why Is MT4 MACD Multi-Timeframe Useful?
When you check Moving Average Convergence Divergence of the price in MetaTrader, you normally see it for a specific timeframe.
It is almost always useful to see what is its status in different timeframes in order to have a better understanding of the market situation.
If, for example, you check the trend on an H1 chart, it might look like uptrend. However, checking it on a D1 chart may point at a downtrend.
MACD Multi-Timeframe for MT4 allows you to see Moving Average Convergence Divergence status for all timeframes in a single place.
You can simplify your visual representation and know if an asset or pair is overall going up or going down.
You can use this indicator to improve your entry and exit signal decisions.
The indicator also includes a feature to alert you if the trend changes.
You can download for free MT4 MACD Multi-Timeframe indicator with the link below and install it by following the provided instructions.
The installation is very easy to perform, so is the use.
Once you run the indicator, you can set MACD parameters, select timeframes, and configure alerts via its input parameters.➥ Download MQLTA MT4 MACD Multi-Timeframe
MT4 Indicator Installation Instructions
To install the MT4 MACD Multi-Timeframe indicator, please follow the instructions below:
- Download the indicator archive file.
- Open the MetaTrader 4 data folder (via File→Open Data Folder).
- Open the MQL4 Folder.
- Copy all the folders from the archive directly to the MQL4 folder.
- Restart MetaTrader 4 or refresh the indicators list by right-clicking the Navigator subwindow of the platform and choosing Refresh.
For a more detailed instruction on how to perform the installation and a tutorial video please visit this page.
Do you have any suggestions or questions regarding this indicator? You can always discuss MACD Multi-Timeframe with the other FX traders and MQL programmers on the indicators forums.
1.02 — 2021-08-26
- Revised the alert system to make more concise and timely.
- Removed unnecessary input parameters to reduce confusion.
- Reduced object processing overhead, which could cause excessive consumption of computer resources.
- Pruned the source code to make the indicator lighter and future development easier.
- Fixed a bug that caused weird symbols to appear in the panel in place of the up and down arrows.