Price Alert MetaTrader indicator — can issue any type of alert when the price reaches certain levels set by a trader. There are three types of price levels: the first one is used when the price rises above certain level (displayed with the green line on the chart), the second one is used when the price falls below certain level (displayed with the red line on the chart), and the third one is used when the price reaches the certain level exactly (displayed with the yellow line). Three alert types include: native (popup), email, and push-notification. For email and push-notification alert features to work, you need to set up the email or MetaQuotes ID settings in your MetaTrader platform options window. The indicator is available for both MT4 and MT5.
The indicator is equipped with a control panel that lets you quickly set alert price, levels, and types.
- PriceGoesAbove (default = 0.0) — if price goes above this value the alert will be triggered.
- PriceGoesBelow (default = 0.0) — if price goes below this value the alert will be triggered.
- PriceIsExactly (default = 0.0) — if price is exactly at this value the alert is triggered.
- NativeAlert (default = false) — if true, the indicator will issue a native platform alert (popup window with a sound).
- SendEmail (default = false) — if true and the correct email settings are set in the MetaTrader options window, the indicator will issue an email alert.
- SendPush (default = false) — if true and the correct MetaQuotes ID settings are set in the MetaTrader options window, the indicator will issue a push notification alert to your mobile device.
- AlertOnPrice (default = Normal Ask/Bid) — defines the price type for the alerts to use: normal Ask/Bid, only Ask, only Bid, or Close of the previous candle.
- PanelOnTopOfChart (default = true) — if true, the panel will be drawn on foreground, and the chart will be drawn as background. Setting it to false will uncover the chart behind the panel.
- Above Line Color (default = clrGreen) — color of the above line.
- Below Line Color (default = clrRed) — color of the below line.
- Exactly Line Color (default = clrYellow) — color of the exactly line.
- Above Line Style (default = STYLE_SOLID) — above line style.
- Below Line Style (default = STYLE_SOLID) — below line style.
- Exactly Line Style (default = STYLE_SOLID) — exactly line style.
- Above Line Width (default = 1) — above line width.
- Below Line Width (default = 1) — below line width.
- Exactly Line Width (default = 1) — exactly line width.
- PanelPositionX (default = 0) — default horizontal distance from the selected panel position corner.
- PanelPositionY (default = 15) — default vertical distance from the selected panel position corner.
- PanelPositionCorner (default = CORNER_LEFT_UPPER) — default panel position corner.
This indicator cannot be used as a trading system and it isn't generating any signals on its own. You can use it whenever you wish to be notified of some new price levels. Then you can use the moment to do whatever you want with the market. You can set an alert level value to zero to ignore a specific type of price level alert.
Downloads (ver. 1.04, 2021-12-30)
Price Alert is being developed via a dedicated GitHub repository. You can actively participate in the improvement of this indicator by submitting your own features via pull-requests and by reviewing existing suggestions, changes, fixes, and so on.
Price Alert for MetaTrader 4 in .mq4
Price Alert for MetaTrader 4 in .zip
Price Alert for MetaTrader 5 in .mq5
Price Alert for MetaTrader 5 in .zip
Legacy version downloads
If you prefer to use the old version of the Price Alert indicator, you can download the legacy version. The legacy version lacks the panel and most of the features of the current version.
Legacy Price Alert for MetaTrader 4 in .zip
Legacy Price Alert for MetaTrader 4 in .mq4
Legacy Price Alert for MetaTrader 5 in .zip
Legacy Price Alert for MetaTrader 5 in .mq5
Do you have any suggestions or questions regarding this indicator? You can always discuss Price Alert with the other traders and MQL programmers on the indicators forum.
1.04 — 2021-12-30
- Added a switch for the type of price used for alerts. It can be either: normal Ask/Bid (as before), Ask price only, Bid price only, or previous candle's Close.
- Changed alert buttons to work both ways — clicking it a second time will disable that alert.
- Fixed panel sizing and positioning on high-DPI screens.
- Fixed checkboxes de-ticking automatically after you tick them if there was already an alert event.
- Fixed panel's operation when accidentally deleting a line.
1.03 — 2020-11-19
- Fixed second panel cleanup.
1.02 — 2020-07-20
- Indicator remade completely to add a control panel.
1.01 — 2011-10-19
- Dragging the lines on chart will now change the alert levels.
1.00 — 2009-04-27
- Initial release of the indicator.