Forex calendar is a primary tool of fundamental analysis for many traders. Although there are many websites offering economic calendars to the currency traders, there are only 7 original websites (that I know of). The others are simply using the calendar widgets provided by the first companies.
- Forex Factory — offers simple interface combined with detailed reporting on all kind of events. It is probably a popular choice among the FF forum members.
- DailyFX — simple calendar without much details or explanations. It can be a good choice if you follow mainly US events.
- FXstreet.com — a powerful calendar full of features and details, though the interface may seem confusing. It is one of the most popular calendars, used by many websites.
- Yahoo! Finance — a calendar of a very poor quality and limited capabilities. I would be surprised to find out that anyone uses it at all.
- Investing.com — another powerful economic calendar, on par with FXstreet.com, albeit with a more annoying and slower interface.
- ZuluTrade — an
easy-to-usebut not very detailed FX calendar. It is intended primarily for ZuluTrade investors and traders.
- ForexSpace — probably, the most young calendar of all seven, it still requires a lot of improvement and development. Nevertheless, a news trader may find it useful if, for some reason, he cannot use any other calendar.
Personally, I prefer using DailyFX and FF calendars. The first one as a matter of habit and the second one in cases when DailyFX fails. And how about you?
If you are using some economic calendar not listed above or if you have any questions about using Forex calendars, please feel free to do submit them using the form below.