Instrument Details Indicator for MT4
Instrument Details is a free open-source indicator for MetaTrader 4 that displays the detailed information about the chart's trading instrument (a currency pair, a CFD, or some other asset) using a small panel directly on the chart. Sometimes, it is useful to have a quick table with all the details of a currency pair or any other instrument readily available on your screen. By default, in MetaTrader 4, such a facility is quite a few clicks away from the main interface and it cannot remain on while you analyze the chart or trade. That's why, the Instrument Details indicator for MT4 was created.
What Is Instrument Details Indicator for MT4?
Instrument Details indicator for MT4 is a very simple indicator that can show the main properties (specification) of a currency pair or any other trading instrument on screen without interfering with MetaTrader's interface.
The list of symbol properties it can display is the following:
- Current market status
- How many contracts in a standard lot
- Minimum position size (in lots)
- Maximum position size (in lots)
- Minimum increment for the position size (in lots)
- How many decimal places in a quote (digits)
- Tick size (minimum price change)
- Tick value (cost of the minimum price change)
- Stop level (minimum distance from the price to stop-loss, take-profit, or pending order).
All these properties are presented in a simple easily accessible table.
Instrument Details indicator can also show you the current Ask and Bid prices for the symbol and its spread:
Although very simple, this indicator might be very useful to traders.
You can download the indicator using the link below and install it by following the presented instructions.➥ Download MQLTA MT4 Instrument Details
The installation is very easy to perform; the same is the use. Once you attach the indicator, you can set all the necessary input parameters.
MT4 Instrument Details Indicator Installation
To install the indicator, please follow the instructions below:
- Download the indicator archive file.
- Open the MetaTrader 4 data folder (via File->Open Data Folder).
- Open the MQL4 Folder.
- Copy all the folders from the archive directly to the MQL4 folder.
- Restart MetaTrader 4 or refresh the indicators list by right-clicking the Navigator subwindow of the platform and choosing Refresh.
Or you can read a more detailed instruction on how to perform the installation.