Easy Trend Visualizer
Easy Trend Visualizer is a MetaTrader indicator that does exactly what its name says. It shows where the trend begins, where it ends, and where there is no trend at all. It is based on standard MetaTrader ADX (Average Direction Movement Index) indicators and works quite fast. Easy Trend Visualizer displays itself in the main chart window. It offers a range of alerts: horizontal line appears, horizontal line cross, arrow up, arrow down, previous horizontal line cross (PHLC). Available for MT4 and MT5 platforms.
- ADXperiod1 (default = 10) — period of the first ADX indicator.
- ADXperiod2 (default = 14) — period of the second ADX indicator.
- ADXperiod3 (default = 20) — period of the third ADX indicator.
- UseAlertHorizontalLine (default = false) — issue a MetaTrader alert on horizontal line start.
- UseAlertHorizontalLineCross (default = false) — issue a MetaTrader alert when a candle crosses the current horizontal line.
- UseAlertUpDownArrows (default = false) — issue a MetaTrader alert when an up or down arrow appears.
- NumberPHLtoTrack (default = 0) — number of previous horizontal lines to track for alert purposes. An alert will be issued when the price crosses one of the previous horizontal lines and closes above or below it.
- IgnorePHLShorterThan (default = 2) — the minimum length for the previous horizontal line to count it for for alert purposes. Lines with the length of 1 are not visible on the chart and will confuse you with unimportant alerts.
- PHLC_Arrow_Color (default = clrChocolate) — color for the previous horizontal line cross alert arrows.
- NativeAlerts (default = true) — if true, native pop-up alerts will be generated by the indicator.
- SendEmails (default = true) — if true, alerts will also be sent via email. Email should be properly configured in MetaTrader via Tools->Options->Email.
- SendNotifications (default = true) — if true, alerts will also be sent via push notifications to your mobile device. Notifications should be properly configured in MetaTrader via Tools->Options->Notifications.
Be aware that this indicator redraws the current bar. So, it is not very wise to enter a position based on the signal of the current bar. Previous bars are not redrawn and can be used as the safe entry signals. Although Easy Trend Visualizer is quite accurate, there are many false signals. However, they should not be a real problem since a stop-loss level can minimize losses. You should also exit positions if the trend is over. The curly brown arrow marks the previous horizontal line cross.
Downloads (ver. 1.11, 2022-09-27)Easy Trend Visualizer for MetaTrader 4 in .zip Easy Trend Visualizer for MetaTrader 4 in .mq4 Easy Trend Visualizer for MetaTrader 5 in .zip Easy Trend Visualizer for MetaTrader 5 in .mq5
Do you have any suggestions or questions regarding this indicator? You can always discuss Easy Trend Visualizer with the other traders and MQL programmers in the indicators forum.
1.11 - 2022-09-27
- Added an input parameter (NativeAlerts) to turn the platform's native pop-up alerts on and off.
- Fixed a bug when horizontal line alerts could incorrectly state that they were generated after a downtrend.
- Updated alert texts for better information.
1.10 - 2022-03-03
- Added current horizontal line alert option (the UseAlertHorizontalLineCross input parameter).
- Changed alert texts to more detailed ones.
1.09 - 2018-07-15
- Added tooltip and object description to PHLC alert arrows.
- Improved the alert texts by making them cleaner.
- Fixed a bug with multiple PHLC alerts triggering when the chart data is still being loaded.
- Fixed a bug with horizontal line disappearing when PHLC alerts are turned on.
1.08 - 2018-07-10
- Added alerts via push notifications.
- Added an option to issue alerts on a cross of any number of old horizontal lines.
- Added an arrow alerts for previous horizontal lines crosses.
1.07 - 2017-02-17
- Rewritten MT4 code completely.
- Added alerts for previous horizontal line crosses.
1.06 - 2011-11-14
- Fixed a bug with horizontal line cross alerts.
1.05 - 2011-11-12
- Fixed a bug with alerts' display messages.
1.04 - 2011-11-12
- Improved alerts by making them more informative.
- Fixed a bug that was causing too many alerts.
1.03 - 2011-10-26
- Added more alert options.
1.02 - 2011-02-26
- Added alerts.
- Fixed a bug with horizontal lines.
1.01 - 2011-02-01
- Fixed a bug with input parameters in MT5 version of the indicator.
1.00 - 2009-06-23
- Easy Trend Visualizer indicator published by someone known as KurlFX.