Adjustable MA Forex expert advisor is a customizable moving average EA that offers flexible tuning of the traditional 2-MA cross strategy. You can set different MA periods, MA types, minimum difference, stop-loss, take-profit, trailing stop and slippage. This expert advisor always opens position on cross and closes it on the next cross.
The back-test of the Adjustable MA MetaTrader expert advisor has shown ~12.2% profit with ~12.6% maximum drawdown during a 6-year period. The used position's volume was set to 0.1 standard lots. The EA made 647 trades, of which 56.41% were profitable. The default settings were used in this back-test on EUR/USD M5 chart. As you can see, the results are not very good. It is not recommended to use this EA on live account.
- Period_1 (default = 20) — the period for the first moving average.
- Period_2 (default = 22) — the period for the second moving average.
- MA_Method (default = MODE_EMA) — the method of moving average calculation.
- MinDiff (default = 3) — the minimum difference between the MAs for a crossover to count.
- StopLoss (default = 0) — the stop-loss distance in pips. Set to zero to disable.
- TakeProfit (default = 0) — the take-profit distance in pips. Set to zero to disable.
- TrailingStop (default = 0) — the trailing stop value in pips. Set to zero to disable.
- Lots (default = 0.1) — the volume for trades. Used if UseMM is set to false.
- UseMM (default = false) — if true, a money management model based on the available free margin is used to calculate the position size.
- LotsPer10000 (default = 1) — the number of lots to trade per each $10,000 of the account's free margin.
- Slippage (default = 3) — the acceptable price slippage in pips.
- OrderCommentary (default = "Adjustable MA") — the commentary for positions opened by this EA.
What are the stop-loss and take-profit values used by this EA?
By default, it uses fixed stop-loss at 100 pips and take-profit at 70 pips. The trailing stop is turned off by default.
How often does it trade?
On 5-minute EUR/USD chart (the back-test settings) this EA will trade once every day on average.
Any settings other than default can be used?
The limited forward test (which should be more reliable than a back-test) on AUD/USD M5 chart showed some profitable set-up for this expert advisor. These parameters should be changed from default:
- StopLoss — 30
- TakeProfit — 50
- TrailingStop — 20
- Period_1 — 50
- Period_2 — 10
Downloads (ver. 1.06, 2022-04-21)Download Adjustable MA expert advisor for MetaTrader 4 Download zipped Adjustable MA expert advisor for MetaTrader 4 Download Adjustable MA advisor for MetaTrader 5 Download zipped Adjustable MA expert advisor for MetaTrader 5
Do you have your own trading results or any other remarks regarding this expert advisor?
Discuss Adjustable MA with other traders and MQL programmers on the experts forums.
1.06 - 2022-04-21
- Minor code improvements.
1.05 - 2018-07-25
- Added automatic detection of execution mode used in the trading account.
- Fixed EA's operation in MT5 hedging mode.
- Improved the source code by making simpler and more serviceable.
1.04 - 2012-05-28
- Added ECN-compatibility.
1.03 - 2011-10-18
- Fixed a bug with trailing stop.
1.02 - 2011-05-06
- Added optional money management.
1.01 - 2010-12-15
- Fixed a bug that appeared due the change in how MT5 processes orders.
1.00 - 2009-12-09
- Adjustable MA expert advisor released.