giorgenio

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2010
VarMovAvg update not correctly

Hi,
I like very much this indicator, I encounter some troubles when it changeds the candle I have to refresh always the view to have the right representation.
Is there anything I can change in the code to ask for refresh at new period?

Should you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you
G.org
Switzerland

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,
I like very much this indicator, I encounter some troubles when it changeds the candle I have to refresh always the view to have the right representation.
Is there anything I can change in the code to ask for refresh at new period?

Should you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you
G.org
Switzerland
It refreshes with each new candle, not tick. There is no point for it to refresh with each new tick, since you'll get so many different values during one candle.

giorgenio

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2010
Hi Enivid,
thank you for your answer but unfortunately doesn't resolve my problem.
I haven't mentioned of refreshing at every tick, it would be useless for this indicator to do so, I have no refresh at period change, have a look at 1234.png that is the situation before period change and 1235.png is after the period change without manual refresh, and finally the 1236.png is after refresh on the current period (which is the correct representation).

This happens on all timeframes.

Can this help to understand?

There is any possibility to tell the indicator code to refresh at period change?

Let me know
Thank you
Have a nice day
g.org
CH

Attachments

• 1234.png
    1234.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 1235.png
    1235.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 1236.png
    1236.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 74

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid,
thank you for your answer but unfortunately doesn't resolve my problem.
I haven't mentioned of refreshing at every tick, it would be useless for this indicator to do so, I have no refresh at period change, have a look at 1234.png that is the situation before period change and 1235.png is after the period change without manual refresh, and finally the 1236.png is after refresh on the current period (which is the correct representation).

This happens on all timeframes.

Can this help to understand?

There is any possibility to tell the indicator code to refresh at period change?

Let me know
Thank you
Have a nice day
g.org
CH
Just remove this line from the code:
if (prevbars==Bars) return(0);

giorgenio

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2010
Hi Enivid,
this applies certainly to mq4, I haven't tried yet. What about mq5? I could not find it in the code.

Let me know
Thank you
g.org
CH

giorgenio

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2010
Hi Enivid,
thank you again for your help and quick replay.
I have followed your instrucations but it is even worse, now not even with the manual refresh it works.
Do you have the same result?
Let me know should you need more information.

Thank you
g.org
CH

olujamzy

Trader
Oct 29, 2014
THE VAR MOV AVG INDICATOR IS ALWAYS HIDDING THE DOTS WHEN IT SHOULD SHOW ME THE CHAHGE IN COLOUR SO THERE IS NO WAY I COULD TRADE WITH IT PLZ ADMIN HELP ME OUT

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
THE VAR MOV AVG INDICATOR IS ALWAYS HIDDING THE DOTS WHEN IT SHOULD SHOW ME THE CHAHGE IN COLOUR SO THERE IS NO WAY I COULD TRADE WITH IT PLZ ADMIN HELP ME OUT
What do you mean by hiding? Could you please provide a screenshot or a video?

What MetaTrader version are you using? With what settings, timeframe and currency pair are you applying the indicator?