Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

first of all thanks for the deployment, its a great tool.

I want to ask if, i did not find a way, is possible to trigger the TS from an specific profit. I mean:
- Strategy risk 1-3: 1% loss - 3% profit
- I would like to configure the TS to be triggered in 1% profit steps but only after i reach my 3% profit of strategy

Thanks in advance
Sorry, it cannot work with percentages. You could calculate the required values in points and then apply it via the EA.

Algirdas

Trader
Mar 7, 2023
Hello, works fine, but turning off after cup;e of minutes, maybe problem with setings?
Post automatically merged:

works fine, but after couple of minutes turning off, maybe problem with settings?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, works fine, but turning off after cup;e of minutes, maybe problem with setings?
Post automatically merged:

works fine, but after couple of minutes turning off, maybe problem with settings?
That shouldn't be happening. How is it turning off exactly? Does it get removed? Or is the state switched to Disabled?

JZH

Trader
Mar 26, 2023
Hi I have downloaded the file but EA is not running, showing a grey dot on the EA icon. Upon Checking there is .ex4 file is missing. I have checked both
the website and github file section . Both are without the ex4 file. or I am doing some thing wrong? Tried the other EA Trailing stop in steps and it works fine.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi I have downloaded the file but EA is not running, showing a grey dot on the EA icon. Upon Checking there is .ex4 file is missing. I have checked both
the website and github file section . Both are without the ex4 file. or I am doing some thing wrong? Tried the other EA Trailing stop in steps and it works fine.
The zip-file that you download contains three folders. All three should be copied over to the MQL4 subfolder of your MT4's data folder. Then, you should compile the 'Trailing Stop on Profit.mq4' in MetaEditor. Usually, restarting your MT4 does that automatically. Then, the .ex4 file will appear and you will be able to add the EA to a chart.

PS: If you want to download a ready-to-use .ex4, you should download the release files from the GitHub repository.

Shire

Trader
May 19, 2023
Hello, I have downloaded and installed the mt4 Trailing Stop on Profit on the Data folder, but its not launching on the Chart. I tried compiling it but its giving me the 3 errors below, please advice.

can't open "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\3294B546D50FEEDA6BF3CFC7CF858DB7\MQL4\Include\MQLTA_Utils.mqh" include file Trailing Stop on Profit.mq4 11 11

'DrawEdit' - function not defined Trailing Stop on Profit.mq4 203 5

'DrawEdit' - function not defined Trailing Stop on Profit.mq4 235 5

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, I have downloaded and installed the mt4 Trailing Stop on Profit on the Data folder, but its not launching on the Chart. I tried compiling it but its giving me the 3 errors below, please advice.

can't open "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\3294B546D50FEEDA6BF3CFC7CF858DB7\MQL4\Include\MQLTA_Utils.mqh" include file Trailing Stop on Profit.mq4 11 11

'DrawEdit' - function not defined Trailing Stop on Profit.mq4 203 5

'DrawEdit' - function not defined Trailing Stop on Profit.mq4 235 5
Please make sure you copy all the folders from the archive to the MQL4 folder.

Shire

Trader
May 19, 2023
Please make sure you copy all the folders from the archive to the MQL4 folder.
I have done this several times but sadly am still getting the same error on mt4. However tried installing the Trailing Stop on Profit mt5 EA version and it seems to be working just fine on the mt5 platform. Its just that I need it on the mt4 platform

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have done this several times but sadly am still getting the same error on mt4. However tried installing the Trailing Stop on Profit mt5 EA version and it seems to be working just fine on the mt5 platform. Its just that I need it on the mt4 platform
That error is pretty straightforward. It means that it cannot find the file "MQLTA Utils.mqh" under "\MQL4\Include\". If you check the archive that you downloaded, it contains that file under "Include". If you copy it from the archive to your MQL4 folder, the EA should start compiling without errors.

Karlos

Jun 21, 2023
Hello and big thanks for this EA!

Is it possible to add the option so that one EA works for all symbols? (within other TS EAs it's called "Apply To Current Symbol Only" - true / false)

Thanks!

Karel

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello and big thanks for this EA!

Is it possible to add the option so that one EA works for all symbols? (within other TS EAs it's called "Apply To Current Symbol Only" - true / false)

Thanks!

Karel
No, you'd need to set up a separate TSOP EA for each pair you want to trail stops for.

NasdaqTrader

Aug 12, 2023
Discuss Trailing Stop on Profit expert advisor here. This free MT4/MT5 EA provides an automated trailing stop tool based on the classic trailing stop method with the only difference being that it activates once the given profit value in points is reached. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader robot here.

Hello,

Where can I download this tool? Does this trailing stop that is triggered once a price level is reached cancel out any other previous stop losses or profit takers or does that have to be done manually?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Where can I download this tool? Does this trailing stop that is triggered once a price level is reached cancel out any other previous stop losses or profit takers or does that have to be done manually?
You can download from the page linked in the post that you just quoted.

It starts triggering (moving the SL) when the price reaches a given level of profit. Yes, it replaces previous the previous SL, but no, it doesn't do anything to TPs.

qzn25

Nov 28, 2023
I'm looking at this EA, I find it interesting but I don't fully understand the simple config.

Does this "turn on" to the number of pips that I put in the second parameter? According to what I read, I think it can be activated only when it reaches my TP set in the MT order. Or am I confused?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Does this "turn on" to the number of pips that I put in the second parameter?
Yes, but points, not pips.
According to what I read, I think it can be activated only when it reaches my TP set in the MT order.
No, it has no idea about the TP set on your trade. It's also impossible to activate anything when the TP is reached, because the trade would be closed by the TP then.

Proseries

Trader
Jan 12, 2024
USA - NYS
Discuss Trailing Stop on Profit expert advisor here. This free MT4/MT5 EA provides an automated trailing stop tool based on the classic trailing stop method with the only difference being that it activates once the given profit value in points is reached. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader robot here.
I just downloaded :

Trailing Stop on Profit, I draged over to chart but doesn't open...do I need a trade to be open first?​