ox1138

Mar 5, 2024
Is it possible for the Timed Order EA to work on CFDs for Indices (e.g. Dow Jones or S&P 500).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Antho

Trader
Mar 16, 2023
Is it possible for the Timed Order EA to work on CFDs for Indices (e.g. Dow Jones or S&P 500).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Yes, the Timed Order EA can work on CFDs for indices like the Dow Jones or S&P 500, provided your trading platform supports this functionality

anna1008

Trader
Apr 26, 2024
Discuss the Timed Order expert advisor here. This free MT4/MT5/cTrader EA provides a way to schedule a pending or market order to be sent to the trading server at a specific time. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader/cTrader robot here.

Great EA! Works like a charm for me every time I use it. Thank you for creating it.
I have a question regarding EntryDistancePoints. I have a strategy that requires me to place two pending orders (long and short) at a specific time of the day. Now, the distance at which I put these orders is exactly half the distance between the highest high and the lowest low of the previous, lets say 12h. For example: I want to place two pending orders, long and short, exactly 2h prior to a major news release. Now, over the last 12 hours the distance between highest high and lowest low is 108 pt. So, my two pending orders are put at 54 distance from entry. ( 108 :2=54pt) . Would it be possible for this EA to calculate that distance and place the two pending orders accordingly?
Then it goes a little further where my half distance is also the TP ( in the example it would calculate to TP= 54pt), and the SL is exactly twice that (in the example SL= 108pt). Would it be possible to add a feature like that, please?
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

C_Ro

Trader
May 7, 2024
I'm unable to get this to execute - I keep getting Failed after 10tries: 4112 (unknown error)

Any ideas? Just trying to do a simple market Buy order.

1715108104677.png

C_Ro

Trader
May 7, 2024
Try asking the broker's support - they should know.
I appreciate the quick response - went ahead and just made a new demo with different broker and have had no issues.

Live account works as expected.

Great EA, appreciate it.